Last game you beat (including Famicom)

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:29:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BaconBitsKing

Quote from: Nightstar699 on October 17, 2015, 07:24:47 am
My one tip for hard mode (assuming by which you mean the second loop?) is to learn the Fishman spawns well in the first section of stage 4, that's the hardest part of loop 2. Stages 5 and 6 are identical to normal. (I believe)

I almost beat the 2nd loop once, but I deleted my file by putting All Night Nippon on my FDSStick without going into CMD to change game slots (I was even at the final level with Dracula).

Do the third, fourth, and so-on loops add any more enemies?

Nightstar699

Nope, which disappointed me when I went for my stage-reset run a short while back. Every loop after 2 is just a repeat of the second loop.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

P

Quote from: BaconBitsKing on October 17, 2015, 03:48:28 pm
I almost beat the 2nd loop once, but I deleted my file by putting All Night Nippon on my FDSStick without going into CMD to change game slots (I was even at the final level with Dracula).

You used the drag-and-drop icon tool? Does it always overwrite the first slots?

BaconBitsKing

Yes, it always removes either the first slot (one-sided disks) or the first two slots (two-sided disks) if you just choose to drag your ROM into FDSCopy.

P

I see, pretty useless then. Loopy said he is working on a GUI version though.

L___E___T

Beat Dracula X with Maria - last level was just too much with Richter so I switched to Maria and beat it first time round, then Dracula first time round as well.  He seemed too easy, especially the 2nd form.

Like Nightstar, I loved the Shaft resurrection boss fights, but it took me a fair few goes to beat them.

Currently trying to get through 5' now and find the other girls, then unlock all the other Technics and whatever else.  Heck of a game!

Think then I'll play through Dracula XX on SNES, I still have to beat Castlevania IV and Castlevania 3, but have a few passwords near the end for those.

After that I'd like to try beating Akumajou Drcaula X68000 and also Symphony of the Night, which I never got into.  Saving Dracula 2 for last, I have an improvement hack of it.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

Don't forget Vampire Killer/Bloodlines. It's also a heck of a game! I was surprised how fun it was when I played it at first, considering I hadn't heard a lot about it. That shows that the Castlevania series isn't just about nostalgia, but a series of very well made games.

UglyJoe

It's Halloween season, so I took down Akumajou Dracula on the FDS.  This game is so much less stressful when you can turn it off without having to start over from the beginning :-[

I know some of you guys can beat this game in like 15 minutes, but this is only the second time I've ever beaten it (once on NES, once on FDS).

Spoiler
[close]

L___E___T

October 25, 2015, 05:15:58 pm #623 Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:21:46 pm by L___E___T

Congrats!  It's a game of patterns, so once you have them down I think it gets a lot easier - see if you can 1CC it! :D

I also beat Dracula XX earlier!

Spoiler
(with savestates...)
[close]

Oh yes I didn't forget about Bloodlines - one of my faves, I like to play it with the arcade stick as well!
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Cheetahmen

Aladdin (Hummer Team)

Not as good as I remember, but still a pretty fun game overall with some good presentation for a bootleg. It helps that I own the JY Company version. :D I also got to level 7 of Silent Assault before the game broke because Sachen somehow managed to do that on the Super Cartridge Version 3 release.
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Nightstar699

Quote from: L___E___T on October 25, 2015, 05:15:58 pm

I also beat Dracula XX earlier!

Spoiler
(with savestates...)
[close]

Keep at it, mate! Eventually you'll be able to no-death with best ending as I've done... though admittedly it isn't a consistent run, Dracula XX can get brutal. But god I love it... probably my favorite 16-bit CV, or at least tied with Bloodlines.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

L___E___T

I don't ever wish to play it again haha.  The first level is fun, but after that I just don't think this game had half the love of Chi no Rondo :(

As for no-deathing it - I don't see how that is realistic for anyone that isn't a machine - hats off to you, but I wouldn't find that fun at all!
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

hippy dave

Zany Golf (Amiga)

Didn't think I was going to finish that last hole tbh, fluked it in on my last stroke.
Nice blast from the past.

nerdynebraskan

Altered Beast (Genesis)

First time beating it, but it was on super-wimpy mode. ("Normal" difficulty, with my energy and lives cranked all the way up.) I knocked out the final boss with less than a square of health left on my last life. The game has great style, but seems a little thin on substance.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Cheetahmen

November 08, 2015, 01:49:11 am #629 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:02:43 am by Cheetahmen
Sonic the Hedgehog (Mega Drive), I've beaten it a few times already but I figured I might as well do it again :D

Edit: I beat Super Mari: Fighting of the Malilugi last night (AKA Chip n Dale), naturally they were too lazy to change anything aside from a few sprites ::)
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch