Suggestion: Badges

Started by nintendodork, December 08, 2009, 08:12:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

I got the idea from NintendoAge.  Has anyone thought about this before?  I just thought it would be sort of cool.  We obviously wouldn't have as many as NA, but we could have ones like Writers, Staff, etc.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

December 09, 2009, 11:12:12 am #1 Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 10:43:19 am by L___E___T
I like the shoryuken.com approach.  They use galaga medals.  Ironically, it would be more relevant here even if we straight up copied it :D

They also have subscriptions which is a bit different.  Luckily this site doesn't have scrawls of google ads or flash banners over it (I use ABP) so we don't have any real incentive to pay towards our time here.  I know I'd support the site any real way I can.  I'm here fo' life y'all.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

There are probably SMF mods available that can add this functionality.  However, I'm not sure how many badges we'd really have.  I mean, there's admins, mods, staff, and regular users.  That's it, really. 

manuel

And maybe a medal for "Annoying Kids"?   ;D

nintendodork

Totally. :D  I mean, these would all be rather pointless, but they'd be fun nonetheless.  We could have things such as being a member on the forum for over a year, two years, etc.  Members over 30 (:P) Members under 18, I dunno.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

JC

That's what custom titles are for. :D

NintendoKing

It would be cool to have badges for people whom own clones, original Famicoms, AV Famicoms and Twin Famicoms.
That would be very neat, I think.

MS-DOS4

^

Indeed. I remember there being a collection of pixel art badges of every retro game system including handhelds somewhere... I can't seem to find it but those would make nice badges. I think it was made by a Japanese guy, if that helps hunt down this collection.

Maybe I could help make badges for clones  :P   Way too many clones though...  Maybe just a text list you can add too on your profile page?
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

UglyJoe

And how would we know which users have which consoles?  The Honor Policy kinda falls apart when you have stupid newbies who would say they have every Nintendo console ever made just to show off their badges.

MS-DOS4

well we could have photographic proof, but that's just too much effort for some people. At the end of the day, nobody will really care if you have every system, and it's not like we really attract those types of people anyway.

It's just a fun thing to have.

NintendoKing

Quote from: MS-DOS4 on March 03, 2010, 02:00:19 pm
well we could have photographic proof, but that's just too much effort for some people. At the end of the day, nobody will really care if you have every system, and it's not like we really attract those types of people anyway.

It's just a fun thing to have.

A picture of yourself holding said console, or a photo with a piece of paper with your username written on it placed on top the console. Easy as that, I think.

MS-DOS4

NintendoKing

Quote from: MS-DOS4 on March 03, 2010, 05:54:31 pm
Basically.

I  would love to have a Badge/s like that, also:

A badge for owning at least one boxed game and or complete boxed game.
A badge for a completed set of pulse-line cartridges.
A badge for owning a holy grail.
A badge for owning a game with Mario hacked into it.
A badge for owning a expansion port controller.
A badge for owning a complete in box official Famicom, AV Famicom or Twin Famicom.
A badge for owning a Famicom Disk system Disk.
A badge for owning a Famicom Disk System, (also would include Twin Famicom's disk system).

Those are the badges, I can think of right off my head.

nintendodork

manuel

If you ask me: definitely.  :)