Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2017, 10:39:36 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Famicom / Disk System (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  What got you into famicom?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: What got you into famicom?  (Read 78810 times)
famifan
Twin Famicom
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2016, 11:10:52 AM »

Famicom Dojo!  Cool The First Season, to be more specific.
I second that! Awesome show. I even purchased the dvd to support guys.

Also, the rest of points which got me into famicom:
  • my poor soldering skills
  • normal 60Hz speed
  • design
  • affordable costs
  • variety of accessories: basic + keyboard, disk system, data recorder, etc.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:22:19 AM by famifan » Logged
ombre noire
Famiclone
France France

« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2016, 02:54:33 PM »

1. The design and the size of the Famicom (i'm a fan great PC-Engine fan so it helped Wink )
2. The software catalog, all the great titles from the 80's are on it !!
3. The cartridges, these are colorfull and well designed !!

just an old retrogamer !!  (^_^)
Famicom Billy
Famiclone
Spain Spain

« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2017, 07:04:43 PM »

The games are really cheap (With some exceptions)

The regional differences for each game

The special giveway games like Punch Out!! or the quite expensive Famicom US Golf Prize Card , NWC 1990?? That's trash compared to this  Undecided or not...?

The cartridges are much more smaller than the NES ones

No more blinking light

Beautiful artwork
TPR
Famiclone

« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2017, 11:59:25 PM »

I bought an NES when it first came out in 1985. I was 15 years old.  Friend of mine got a hold of a Japanese video game magazine and we saw all these games we wanted to play that were not available in the States.  We cold called shops in Japan to find someone who spoke English and would ship them to us.  Long story short, we ended up getting lots of games, including a Disk System imported between 1985 - 1989.  in 1989 I got a job in the video games business and worked for small US subsidiaries of Japanese game companies and then later to some US based companies.  I worked on NES games like Wizardry, Faria, Gun-Nac, Might & Magic, Vice: Project Doom, The Jungle Book.  My full games list can be found here: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,1771/

I spent 21 years total in the video games business.  Loved the first ten years, hated the last ten years.  By the time I got out of it I wanted nothing to do with video games anymore.

That being said I always had a thing for retro gaming. I collected 80s arcade machines at one point, and always had a ColecoVision and a Vectrex sitting on my desk wherever I worked.  I got back into retrogaming a couple of years ago and wanted to go back to where I started in the games biz... Nintendo.  I have and always will be a Nintendo fanboy.  It's the only current gen system that I own.  I love to travel to Japan and get crazy amount of Streetpasses.  I even have already pre-ordered the Nintendo Switch.

Been loving getting back into Famicom games again.  I don't actually even have an American NES, just a AV Modded Famicom with a Disk System.

That's my story!  Looking forward to hanging out on these forums!
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2017, 08:42:14 AM »

Wow that's quite a list! I have played many of those games you worked on.

TPR
Famiclone

« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2017, 10:52:51 AM »

Thanks.  There's a good amount of crap on that list too, so hopefully you avoided some of those!   Grin
mammal93
Famiclone
United States United States

« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2017, 12:33:42 AM »

I grew up with the NES, of course who didn't, but got into Famicom about a year ago. I had bought a PC Engine with a PCE CD and I love it, but didn't collect for it as I got an everdrive. Then I started seeing games like Takeshi no Chōsenjō and other weird, and cool, looking games. There was also just something atractive about the look of the games and the system. So I bought a cheap Famicom, a handful of games, and had fun. I just ordered a Disk System and a few games, but haven't gotten them in to sink in my teeth yet. But yeah basically I just love Japanese stuff and Nintendo, so that's how I got into Famicom.  Cheesy
skyway1985
Famiclone

« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2017, 12:59:45 PM »

What got me into Famicom was Nesticle and playing imports and it all snowballed from there. been tuning drives and writing disks since 2000. lets say my drives read anything and write anything. and are always consistent Smiley if my disk doesn't work in your drive, it isn't tuned right. Tongue but the little white FC got me into twins, AV famicom and tons of disk drives. i just got 12 more standalones in. WHATS WRONG WITH ME!?!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: