Power Adaptors / Famicom Power Supply

Started by JC, August 20, 2006, 10:29:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysteryman

Well i have tested it with 9V and after 20 sec it got pretty warm on the bottom near the power input when i was searching for a channel i immidiatly disconnected it because i got scared ! , further i dont smell any burning whatshowever i dont know what i should do.

jpx72

Should be okay (the Famicom), but do not try that adapter again. Those cheap adapters can have different output than is written on them. Try to measure the output if you can.

Mysteryman

Phew Thanks , tommorow i will take it 2 a Electronics expert , so he could test it and further on what will happen if you put the polarity wrong?

Xious

Quote from: tappybot on January 26, 2011, 08:02:32 pm
I'm going to have to keep this in mind.

So are the lower voltage AC Adapters that will work on Famicom readily available in the US?

I'm wondering if I should buy a couple extra in my last months here before coming back to the states... Keep stocked up just in case.

I don't k ow what you mean by 'readily available', but I have around 600 of them (NOS high quality, solid ones from the 90s, not the cheap-o junky featherweight ones made today) in stock. Available at local stores? That depends on the area...

fredJ

For some reason I can't find the correct dimensions for the twin famicom power supply plug.
I have a 2.5x5.5 mm that fits. Is that the best measurement?
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

tonev

This topic should be moved to technical and repair. (sorry for the bump :D )
I am back everyone :)