Checking on interest for rewriting fds disks

Started by ericj, March 05, 2010, 06:45:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nensondubois

All you need is Lunar IPS to patch something, I could do it.

ericj

March 11, 2010, 05:01:36 pm #16 Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 05:16:57 pm by ericj
Alright, I'll move ahead with this with some exclusions.

-- You provide the disks.
-- I'll restore your non-working disks with the original game on the label.
-- If you have a unique/hack .fds image you want put on a disk, I can most likely do that for you.
-- I'd like you to pay both shipping & return shipping charges.
-- I'll have to exclude making copies of SMB All Night Nippon since I can't justify making numerous copies of it for such a low price. If you really want it, make me an offer and maybe I'll agree.
-- This does NOT include making copies of copy utility programs

If interested, send me a PM with the games list you'd like written.

Marlon

Visit My Youtube Channel www.youtube.com/marlondudeful

RGB_Gamer

I also have the ability to write FDS disks.

ericj

BUMP!

Anyone interested in this? I'm surprised there are no takers yet.

RGB_Gamer

Quote from: ericj on May 01, 2010, 08:05:28 pm
BUMP!

Anyone interested in this? I'm surprised there are no takers yet.

It's a niche market unfortunately. Not too many guys like you and me that appreciate FDS disks

UglyJoe

I'm somewhat interested, but I hate going to the post offices around here.

ericj

Bump!

Also offering to write copy programs and any other request you may have. PM if there's something you have in mind.

ericj

Bump!

Any disk games or copy utilities you want for Christmas?  :P

Send a PM.

FamicomFreak

Eric I would love for you to make me some copies of some games I don't have but sadly I can't get to my disks......it's getting quite annoying when I need to get something but if I do get the will to get things out it'll be a full day job and I'll be tired from picking up boxes down the storage's ladder and back up....just thinking about it makes me want to jump out the window!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

manuel

If you jump out of a window make sure it's on the ground floor.  ;)

ericj

Bumping this topic again.

I can rewrite your dead FDS disks and I also have disks I can write games of your choice onto (copy programs, game doctor games, etc.)

PM with what you have in mind and we can work something out.

punkr13

Dang thats a sweet idea man, making me want a disk add on to the famicom.
^_^

i hope i get one soon :D
Life is but a dream.....

Xious

For those who want nice FDS reproductions (e.g. 'All Night Nippon SMB', 'Clu Clu Land', Prize Cards, etc.) , I'm starting to offer a handful of FDS Repros, complete with reproduction obi and/or manual (where possible and applicable). Some manuals are simply too time-consuming to reproduce, and these are not $5 disks.

See: Flashback Reproduction Games

I will only make a limited quantity of any given game, and only if I have the original. These are disk-to-disk duplications.

I also do FDS re-encoding, but like Eric, it's only for factory disks, and can do drive-specific read calibration as well if anyone desires that service I charge per side, per encoding attempt and offer both quantity discounts and trade-credits for non-working disks. :bomb:

nintendodork

Ericj, this is a great service you've got going here.  I don't know why more people aren't taking advantage of it.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat