Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 05:37:01 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Off-Topic Chat (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Do you ever feel juvenile because of retro gaming?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Do you ever feel juvenile because of retro gaming?  (Read 421 times)
fcgamer
Twin Famicom

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 03:41:58 PM »

Hahah that's right, I even kind of feel the opposite way- other people are juvenile but not me Wink . Especially those XD HD 2989042182p super blue-purple-golden-platinum-holographic-ray players that only bitch about GRAPHICS. Does the gameplay matter?? No because GRAPHICS counts ONLY. OMG ahahah this pixelated shit has so bad GRAPHICS.... (and so on).... But as they say, there's no cure for stupidity, so I won't even bother explaining a few important things to those idiots

Maybe not only this is the case but also there are many other people completely not gaming-related. I laugh at people (who actually laugh at me at the same time) who say buying retro games is so stupid and senseless while they spend their whole salary on bitches, alcohol and parties Wink

Oh and also if we started that stupid GRAPHICS topic, here's a very useful information for all gamers:

GRAPHICS≠GAMEPLAY

So if I spend a lot of my salary on my girlfriend, booze, and retro games, where does that put me?!?   Shocked

Please check out my gaming blog, FC Game Land, for information and my own personal thoughts on Famicom and other imported games.  I will also list items for sale on there, for those who are interested.

FC Game Land:  http://fcgamer.wordpress.com/
MaarioS
Disk System
Poland Poland

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 04:11:02 PM »

I just wanted to get you the idea. In my opinion buying retro games is an investment, you don't waste your money whatsoever. Hell, you even earn that money because retro games increase in value after time!! In my opinion it's better than spending it only on bitches, alcohol and parties since that's kind of a waste, I bet most of us here will agree

That reminds me of one situation when my class-mate asked me why I'd wanna buy some "senseless" Dreamcast game. So I just answered I don't waste my money and I want that game and even if I don't want it anymore, I can always sell it. So after that he answered "well if you have too much money, give me some and I'll make better use of that". I still wonder what his "better way" was Wink
UglyJoe
Administrator
FamicomBox
United States United States

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 07:59:25 PM »

This comic right here.  Middle panel.  That's pretty much my adulthood.

I don't feel juvenile.  I simply don't have an interest in cars or sports or whatever else it is guys are supposed to like. *shrugs*
The Uninvited Gremlin
Global Moderator
Sharp C1
England England

Would you trade that cookie for this key?

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 08:45:59 PM »

I also lack those interests. Smiley

I am also a member of these forums:
Dreammary (NintendoAGE.com, AtariAGE.com, PlanetVB.com)
mario3648
Famicom

PLEASE SET DISK CARD

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 08:27:48 PM »

I never really feel like that when I'm getting older systems and such, no. It's a passion that we all happen to love, why not follow it?
security16
Twin Famicom
Australia Australia

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 03:34:51 AM »

Meh I get told all the time that because i'm female I shouldn't like this or I should like that. I'm a stubborn bitch and I will like what I want to like and retro gaming is something I LIKE AND WILL CONTINUE TO LIKE!

manuel
CIB maniac
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Japan Japan

It'sa Mii, manuel

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 03:47:36 AM »

I don't think that's childish.
Everybody has different priorities.

Liking expensive watches and fashion doesn't make you an adult, just like liking video games doesn't make you a child.
But that's just my opinion...

jpx72
Sharp C1
Slovakia Slovakia

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2014, 04:36:17 AM »

Quite the opposite, I see young people playing supermodern videogames, laughing at me being so "horny" when I see a bunch of "yellow" cartridges in the chinese market Grin
I feel old Crazy

manuel
CIB maniac
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Japan Japan

It'sa Mii, manuel

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2014, 04:41:43 AM »

Are there many of these Chinese markets where you live?
Sounds awesome!

I sometimes went over the boarder to the Czech Republic, but the stands there only had bad DVD and CD bootlegs and nothing gaming related.  Sad

Shumi Nagaremono
Famicom
Japan Japan

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2014, 06:40:11 AM »

I feel much *less* juvenile when I'm browsing retro games than when I'm doing the same with newer titles.  The people looking for Famicom carts are usually around the same age as me, with others being considerably older.   Retro collecting is, by its very nature, something that kids don't often take an interest in.

Now, when I'm standing in line to pick up the latest 3DS Mario game and many of the people in line are like seven?  *Then* I feel juvenile.
MS-DOS4
Sharp C1

PUSH START TO RICH

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 06:52:33 AM »

Only a little bit. I'll admit the Famicom is a bit fisher-price looking, which they did away with on the NES. None of my friends are really into older video games, so they don't know much about them and don't comment on my collection. To them it's seen as just another random hobby.

>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: