Anything cool for the holidays?

Started by JC, December 14, 2006, 07:55:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

If you're doing anything cool or get anything cool, let us know.

I'll be driving across six states (1500 miles) with my brother to surprise my parents. They aren't expected either of us, as of yet, and they think my poor brother won't afford a trip home with Christmas. I don't know how cool it it, but the drive with take three 10-hour days! I'm not looking forward to that.

Doc

vealchop

I'll be in NY for xmas, coming back to Chicago for New Years. Although I'm not much of a partier anymore. Last new years I was in bed at 11:00PM, my girlfriend fell asleep at 9:30PM  :D
-chop

Doc

All I can say is, thank goodness for the Holiday season! I need this break sooo badly.

vealchop

December 17, 2006, 08:27:18 pm #4 Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 02:34:20 pm by Jedi QuestMaster
Since both my girlfriend and I have some disposable income these days we can pretty much buy any crap we want year round. So every christmas instead of buying gifts for each other, we sponsor 8 kids from the community who are too poor to get gifts for christmas and buy them stuff they want. Its a program run through the public schools here. The kids (ages 3 - 8) write letters to "santa" and tell him three things they want. The teachers give the letters to this program and the program gives the letters to people who sign up. Its a lot of fun. I don't have any kids yet and its the only time of year I go to Toys R Us. It reminds me of being a kid and running through those isles. Although when I was a kid I'd run right to "World of Nintendo" that they had set up at every toys r us! 
-chop

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: vealchop on December 17, 2006, 08:27:18 pm
(ages 3 - 8)

Ages 3 to awesome? That sounds like something Strongbad would say. :P

Fixed. :)

vealchop

haha sorry it was supposed to say three to eight ( 3 - 8 )
-chop