Famicom reviews & manuals

Started by lkermel, May 07, 2010, 11:01:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

senseiman

Good review of Valis, I agree with the 1 star out of 5 rating.  Very hard to play.

Nice website in general too.   :)

lkermel

@QuestMaster
Yeah, Japan had tons of female characters in their games, and yes, Valis is Famicom only... however, check out the fan translated version that was released in 2007. It's called Valis++ and they even hacked the rom and added a couple of awesome features that fix some of the game's original gameplay flaws.

@UglyJoe
Thanks for pointing out the typo, I've also added Satsu. I think they both deserve credits for the awesome work they did, and especially for the patch which finally makes this game more "playable" !!

@senseiman
It is a shame that Valis is so hard to play, I think the rest of the game is fairly decent. If only the gameplay was on the same level... Don't hesitate to let me know if you have more feedback about the site, I always try to improve it , so any notes are welcome :) Also, English is  not my native language, this is why I've recently been updating a lot of my old reviews and fix some of the grammar and spelling issues.

lkermel

Talking about female heroes... new review and manual:

Space Hunter - Famicom

This is probably the last addition to the site for the year - I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a groovy new year ! See you all in 2011 !!!

Jedi Master Baiter

Wow! That game looks ahead of its time:

-password at a glance
-keep items
-ability to leave boss fights

I liked how some games would let players continue where they died, even 'Continuing' after a 'Game Over' like Wolverine; but keeping weapons is nice.

Problem with a lot of games is the frustration factor - even the good games are frustrating to an extent.

FamicomFreak

Wow great site! I love it! Bookmarked!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

lkermel

lkermel

lkermel

lkermel

X

i'm now a fan of yours.
just added your page in my facebook. big thanks!  ;)

lkermel

Thanks a lot X !!!! I really appreciate your support !!!  :D   Famicom powa !!!!

lkermel

tappybot

Hey, this is very cool!  Keep up the great work, Ikermel!  :)