Nintendo 3DS! Nintendo 3DS!

Started by petik1, June 18, 2010, 08:35:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

petik1

me too. I am planning to blow my money now on more famicom related stuff  :P

cubelmariomadness

I am salivating over the 3DS. The games look great, and if 3d turns out all right, that will be awesome.
Sorry folks.

nensondubois

Quote from: petik1 on June 22, 2010, 01:39:24 pm
me too. I am planning to blow my money now on more famicom related stuff  :P

Me too.

nintendodork

QuoteAssassin's Creed....Saints Row
Yuck. One of Nintendo's few flaws is trying to stay with the PS3 and 360 by making dumbed down versions of popular games on those systems. Like that really bad Modern Warfare game on the Wii and the MW2 game on the DS. I think if they think of their own idea and don't  base it off of one of the earlier games in the series, the 3DS could pull off Assassin's Creed. That would be pretty cool to see as long as it wasn't an attempt at one of the first two games on a new system.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

tankexmortis

I think they've barely started to go after the Xbox/PS3 market, and games like those, Dead or Alive, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, and Metal Gear Solid being announced this early is a good sign that they're finally coming to their senses. I've never thought that style of games is as interesting as the ones Nintendo makes, but it's about damn time they courted every market instead of just going after young kids, Nintendo fans, and casual gamers.

Anyway, Nintendo isn't the one making these games so it's hardly their fault.  Didn't the DS Assassin's Creed game get pretty good reviews? The 3DS has the horsepower to handle fairly faithful conversions of these series without losing much, and the unique features of the system could add some interesting gameplay and visual aspects. I'm looking forward to seeing what these companies do.

nintendodork

November 06, 2014, 12:17:34 am #35 Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 12:50:16 am by nintendodork
So...bumping this for lack of a general 3DS thread.

Check this out!

Free to those who purchase the Ultimate NES Remix available on December 5th! If it's $10 or less, I'm definitely getting it.

(The Famicom theme, that is.)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

zmaster18

The new Ultimate NES Remix is going to be a download AND a retail game. The price is $29.99. Also on December 5, Nintendo will release a disk version of NES Remix 1 + 2 on Wii U for $29.99 as well. NES Remix 1 and 2 can still be purchased on the Wii U eShop for $14.99 each.

I already bought both Remixes, so I'm not too sure about how much I want to get this game. I do want the Famicom 3DS theme and Speed Mario Bros, a sped-up SMB Hack built into the game, but I'm not sure if the price is worth it. However, there are now online leader boards and daily online challenges, as well as Famicom Remix mode. It would be nice if Club Nintendo would give you some kind of gift for buying all these NES Remix games. Once again, Nintendo got me purchasing classic games I already own.  :P

FamicomRetroGamer

Not really since there's not games I'm interested and the title's pretty lackluster but then again it's the same company who named the 3DS Yoshi game as "Yoshi's New Island" and "Pokémon X/Y" which were probably placeholder titles though turned into permanent.

nintendodork

I haven't heard great things about Yoshi's New Island. Haven't played it for myself though.

I can speak for X/Y, Super Smash Bros 3DS, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Mario Kart 7, Kirby's Triple Deluxe, and Mario Golf World Tour all being great, though. World Tour is my favorite Mario Golf game by a pretty wide margin. X/Y are great, too. I'm very excited for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to come out toward the end of this month (another reason to invest in a 3DS).

On the topic of NES Remix, I really hope there's quite a bit more content than what was shown in the Direct. Definitely did not expect that game to be $30 or even be released physically for that matter.

UglyJoe

I have apparently "been selected to receive special early access to the demo for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for the Nintendo 3DS system."

I have zero interest in the game, so if you want the download code send me a PM.  I have two codes.

nabbeth

And I have 4 more Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo codes. PM. :yoshi:

nintendodork

I have those codes as well and don't want them. Free to anyone who does.

Can we talk about the New 3DS XL? And the fact that we don't have a choice between that and the smaller one? I want the new system so bad but I don't like either of the colors that will be available. :(

UglyJoe

I'm not sure I have much to add besides a "me too", but, yeah, it sucks that they aren't releasing the smaller New 3DS in NA. 

I mean, I get that the 3DS XL units probably sold a lot better than the smaller 3DS's, but I'm surprised they've decided not to go the route of charging $10+ for interchangeable face plates.  That's got to be easy money.

I completely agree on the bad color choices of the two New 3DS XL models we're getting.  Even if I were seriously looking to get one (I'm not, actually) I would wait until they release it in different colors.

zmaster18

Same here, I'm waiting until a new bundle or color is released. I tried out the new XL at Best Buy the other day. You can move the 3DS all around without getting blurry 3D. However, I noticed that the Majora's Mask demo that was playing didn't look that deep 3D-wise, compared to Ocarina of Time, which I consider to be the 3DS's most 3D game. Try Ocarina on full-blast 3D and you'll know what I'm talking about, the 3D is extreme and looks incredibly deep.

maxellnormalbias

Why didn't they call it the Nintendo 3DSi? That would have been awesome.