Started by linkzpikachu, October 02, 2010, 02:24:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

Lol that's awesome haha.  "2 dollars? This must be a dream, wake up now!"
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

UglyJoe

It happens to me all the time in dreams.  When I found a Tengen Tetris cart at Software Etc. years ago, I picked it up and just stood there for a few seconds waiting to wake up.  It was a pretty weird sensation to be entirely convinced that I was dreaming when I actually wasn't.

P

Hahaha ;D it happens for me too. I don't remember any particular dream right now, but I know that feeling like "Wow this is too good to be true!! ...Too bad it's just a dream... dammit I'm about to wake up! I don't wanna..." then I wake up. :(

smeghead

Once i've dreamed that my dog is - veterinarian !  :-[

maxellnormalbias

Bump!
Really weird dream:

So, I was showing my friend an original Famicom and he was like "COOL It's a Super Famicom!"

He immediately shoved a Super Famicom cartridge into it and it fit for some reason. He started it up, and it was Hotel Mario but nobody had any hair and the back of their head were either triangles or squares, and the audio was all distorted.

Needless to say, that was very creepy.

zmaster18

One of my reoccurring dreams that I used to always have was where I go into some recycle shop like Hard-Off and just browse through a bunch of non-existent games. I always wake up before even checking out and buying anything though :P 

number47

There was this weird dream when I was maybe 11 or 12 years old.

It was dark outside and I was sitting watching TV, when suddenly the picture was gone and screen was filled with white noise.
I tried to turn off the TV with the remote - didn't turn off, I tried with the physical - still nothing. Then I removed the cord from wall outlet - no avail.
I felt panic... and woke up.

Zycrow

Having read threads like these on other collector-oriented threads, I think the "finding weird shops with awesome inventories" are common to all collectors. I know I get them about twice a month.

I'm hard-pressed to think of one involving games, though. I mostly collect Transformers and other robot toys, so I'm usually finding some crazy fleamarket with lots of stuff like that.
Favorites: Castlevania, Metroid, Namco 18

UglyJoe

Had another flea-market dream ;D

Not much to this one, but this one lady was selling four GameBoy games for $1.50 each.  There were two different Bubble Bobble games (!) and two other games that I can't remember (but I do remember that I wanted one of them but not the other...).  Woke up before I could purchase them.

Jedi Master Baiter

November 19, 2015, 09:57:20 pm #54 Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:14:59 am by Jedi QuestMaster
Last night I had an exceptionally weird one:

The furthest I remember is a group of four of us getting into a rented out minivan with only four seats. I sit in the front left side expecting to drive, but the seats rotate 180 degrees, so now I'm in the back. It's apparently a right-sided driving vehicle at that, and whoever's driving can't figure out what to do. We're already in traffic.

I yell "Just hit the brakes!" He turns off the road into the center island and hits some rioter with a machine gun who turns out to be part of some secret society that is about to host a shooting contest. I don't remember if we killed the guy, but I assumed we did because we were somehow coerced into joining.

So we enter their headquarters, or something--a smoke-filled warehouse full of orgies and... that's all I remember. At this point we're hungry. So we ask where we can get something to eat. We're told we can go to an affiliate of theirs, a pizza factory. But the guy adds "Tell 'em yer there for the pizza factory, not the slaughterhouse."

So we're outside again, get in the minivan, this time I know to sit in the rear left side. It's hard to explain this part--it seems you have to use both hands to shift the gears: left hand pulls on a cord; the right grasps the shifter. How far you pull the cord will determine what gear it shifts to. The shifter only goes into and out of gear.

So we arrive at this Killer Pizza place, or whatever it was called. "We're here for the-" but what we see before us are trays upon trays of flatbread cheese pizza being carried by the most gung-ho of labor workers I've only seen in films. Only the pizza sauce didn't look right to me. Somehow it looked too red... but maybe that was just me.

And then the scene erupts into a musical/dance segment. Yeah... that was weird. ???

Edit: Okay, I just had another weird one! I dreamt I was back in school (probably taking a biology class or something) and I was gathering up my materials showed up in front of the room, and there it was--a severed clone of my head. Well I guess this is mine, har har. So I take it. (not sure what I was supposed to do with it.) Somehow I lose it, though. I'm running around everywhere, breaking stuff, yelling at everybody to give me back my head. ;D :D :'(

UglyJoe

Flea market dream again.  This one seemed so real!

I was at some indoor flea market and this one guy had a small shop that I guess he was going to be closing at the end of the season.  He had games for various systems (NES, SMS, GameBoy), as well as some random Japanese manga.  I poured over the games for a bit, but nothing had prices.  He stopped me at one point and said, "Give me $7 and you can take whatever you want."  Sold.  I bagged up a bunch of stuff, including a 3D version of the Snail Maze game for the SMS (which I don't think actually exists).

I was just about ready to leave.  I was going to go home and post this to the "Finds" thread.  Then I woke up :(

P

3D version of Snail Maze hahaha!

JessicaWolf

I have them quiet often, thanks to a medication I started a couple years ago. The only way to stop them is to drink a ton, which of course is not good for ones health so I don't do it often.
Here are a few games I am looking for right now
Super Puzzle Fighter II X (Sega Saturn)
GeGeGe no Kotarou (Sega Saturn)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Sega Saturn)
KiKi KaiKai (PC Engine) (CIB)
Puzzle Bobble (Super Famicom) (CIB)

zmaster18

I hate sleeping with dreams, I prefer to sleep without going on some strange journey in my dream. I usually use a natural herb before bedtime to reduce the amount of dreams I have. One dream that is reoccurring for me is where I'm in a thrift store buying a bunch of retro game stuff, but never finish shopping before I wake up. It's so annoying. 

Rygar

I usually dream about people i met a long time ago..
only to have them try to hurt/chase/acompany me
psst! over here