Massive 8.9-magnitude quake hits Japan

Started by tonev, March 10, 2011, 11:54:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tonev

:( Damn why japan why this happened to japan the home of famicom :(
I am back everyone :)

senseiman

Big explosion at the Fukushima Number 1 nuclear reactor.

Keep your fingers crossed that they are able to get that under control.  I pity the workers at the plant who are fighting to keep it from melting down, they are dragging them out in ambulances.

NintendoKing

Quake, Tsunami, second Quake and Nuclear power plant meltdown?

Why is such a terrible event happening?

tappybot

Yeah, I'm here!  No damage around here in Nagoya.  I guess we could feel the quake at around 10 till 3pm, but somehow I didn't feel it.. I was riding my bike during the time and didn't notice anything, but the person I was meeting did.  :yoshi:

Are all the other Famicom World users in Japan safe?? :blinky:

manuel

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on March 12, 2011, 04:05:13 am
second Quake

There wasn't only a second quake, there were several dozens of them.  :o

MWK

It's so sad, all I can feel is sorrow for all those ppl in Japan.
Holding my fingers crossed that eventually everything is gonna be just fine.

nensondubois

Quote from: MasterDisk on March 12, 2011, 09:32:55 am
Just learned about Fukushima N°1 reactor, I just hope no people and Famicoms will be harmed by radiation. That's why nuclear plants should be banned.

Half related: is it real that globtop just die when they are exposed to radiation even at low level ?

Exactly. :yoshi:

Maybe the cheap Chinese ones, but not high quality build glop-tops.

MS-DOS4

Was watching the news and saw a picture of a guy from my state sitting on Super Potato's famicom throne!

He was in Japan teaching English when the earthquake struck and now his family is worried about him as there has been no contact. Good luck to them.
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

jpx72

March 13, 2011, 04:03:29 am #23 Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:15:43 am by jpx72
Holy F@(*!
Are you people watching the news? It's getting even worse every minute! And were talking about one of the worlds best prepared countries for earthquake...
EDIT - I hope the high death estimations are wrong ... Personally I don't think any nuclear disaster will occur, this situation cannot be compared with Tchernobyl, that time it was something totally different. Japan is getting help from nuclear experts from all over the world, those people in Tchernobyl were alone and pushed by government.

Kiddo

My condolances to the people who lost or may have lost some one they know in this terrible disaster. Been watching the news since this happened and all my sympathy goes to the people of Japan. The japanese nation is built up of tough people and they've gone through worse than this throughout history. I'm sure they'll pull out just fine in the end.

MarioMania

I don't think people in Japan are worried about games at this point...

How bad did Tokyo get hit??

son_ov_hades

satoshi_matrix

watching the news, hearing from friends in Japan it's all just so awful. I heard that the earthquake was upgraded from 8.9 to 9.0. Seeing all that destruction, there was no way I could stand by and do nothing for my beloved Japan. It's not much, but today I donated $60 (around 5000 yen) to the Japanese Red Cross. I'm hoping they'll use the money to get the victims aid. If you guys can donate even $5, I encourage you to lend a helping hand in this time of need.

jpx72

Can anyone recommend japanese news website that has the most recent informations?
I'm watching NHK - http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/

senseiman

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on March 14, 2011, 03:19:01 am
watching the news, hearing from friends in Japan it's all just so awful. I heard that the earthquake was upgraded from 8.9 to 9.0. Seeing all that destruction, there was no way I could stand by and do nothing for my beloved Japan. It's not much, but today I donated $60 (around 5000 yen) to the Japanese Red Cross. I'm hoping they'll use the money to get the victims aid. If you guys can donate even $5, I encourage you to lend a helping hand in this time of need.

That is a nice gesture, Satoshi Matrix.  I'm donating some money too and I also encourage everyone to contribute whatever they can to help.