Massive 8.9-magnitude quake hits Japan

Started by tonev, March 10, 2011, 11:54:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

I donated $50 - which just happens to come out to 4077 yen. :P

Yay, M*A*S*H! :D 4077 is also the address I was born at.

tappybot

Oh man, just about 5 minutes ago there was an Earthquake somewhere. My building was shaking, lasted about 30 seconds or so.

Yipes!  :blinky:

tonev

Yes I heard it too :( hope everything is ok
I am back everyone :)

UglyJoe

Quote from: MasterDisk on March 15, 2011, 10:15:17 am
I heard reactors are a lot worst now. They are all 3 melting. Can anyone confirm this ?

The melting is not so bad as long as it can be contained.  The explosions that occurred only destroyed outer buildings that cover the containment vessels for those reactors.  There was a spike in radioactivity readings after the explosion in reactor #2, which may mean that the vessel was damaged and is leaking radioactive gasses (although there are also reports that the pressure level hasn't dropped, which would be expected if there was a leak). 

There is also now a fire in a pool covering spent rods in reactor #4.  This is a big deal because the water is evaporating and there is no containment vessel.  They're looking into ways to get more water there.

Wikipedia (yeah, I know) actually has a good recap of all the events:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushima_I_nuclear_accident

jpx72

People here in europe are not taking it too seriously, but I'm beginning to be stressed out by the nuclear threat situation. Winds can carry the dangerous substances all over the world... I mean, I was very small when the Tchernobyl blowed, our goverment was keeping the incident secret so 3 days later my parents even  took me to the mountains for a "healthy walk" .  Now we know about the situation and still acting like nothing happens... (But what can be do?)

tonev

Yes... :( hope there is nothing dangerous  happening

linkzpikachu

Quote from: jpx72 on March 16, 2011, 12:42:00 pm
People here in europe are not taking it too seriously, but I'm beginning to be stressed out by the nuclear threat situation. Winds can carry the dangerous substances all over the world...

im not trying to be arrogant but wouldnt that have happend with chernoybl?
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

satoshi_matrix

fredJ

I would appreciate information from our friends in Japan....  In particular from Tokyo.

Are there power blackouts? Are people talking about evacuating? Or is it just business as usual.

Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

manuel

I'm not from Tokyo, but there are systematic blackouts there to save power.

satoshi_matrix

those photos are pretty incredible. thanks for sharing.

L___E___T

Last I heard things are starting to get a bit more back to normal in Tokyo, but there are still blackouts to save power and everyone is using other measures on top.  To be honest, Tokyo is not where my concern lies, it's all about the nuclear plant and those poor fellows attending to it.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

tonev

Hope soon everything will get back to normal :)

NintendoKing

Another earthquake for Japan... 7.1-magnitude. Why?? :'(