Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2016, 01:19:59 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Buy / Sell / Trade (Moderators: manuel, SumixXam, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  For sale Nintendo mystery boxes!!!!!!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: For sale Nintendo mystery boxes!!!!!!  (Read 387 times)
Jay-ray
Twin Famicom
United States United States

Platforming God

« on: May 18, 2016, 05:36:09 AM »

Hi everyone!!! I've sooooo much over flow in my collection. Truly I've maxed out on collecting because I'm very satisfied with my collection, having every true gem worth owning. I wanna only keep games that I love playing the most. That being said, I wanna sell mystery retro video game and memorabilia boxes to purge my collection and I'd like to make sure it goes into the good hands of my fellow collectors. Theses boxes will include multiple Famicom games, Nintendo figurines, old Nintendo power magazines, and other neat surprises. I've  enough overflow to make about 10 boxes. Since this is just a test run for now, I'm only shipping to the USA. The price will be $50 plus $12 for shipping.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:34:03 AM by Jay-ray » Logged
prince tomato
Disk System
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 07:48:35 AM »

i'll keep an eye out for when you start expanding your mystery box service abroad  Grin

clones 'n pirates, it's all about the clones 'n pirates.
Jay-ray
Twin Famicom

Platforming God

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 08:41:03 AM »

If you're willing to work with me in shipping I'll send international. I'm just worried cause these are gonna be heavy packages. The whole point is to give great stuff for a cheap price.
Raverrevolution
Disk System

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 01:00:00 PM »

Hmmmm, what's the ratio of Famicom games to the rest.  Also are the Famicom titles more filler and better for beginner collectors or could there be some sought after gem in there.  I'm not talking about rarities like Lickle and Gimmick, but something like Red Arremer 2 or Samurai Pizza Cats for example
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

Hardware Collector

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 01:46:42 PM »

I would suggest making 5 boxes up for example - all equal in terms of amount, value and type of stiff etc.  Then show what's in one as an example of what to expect and then seal it back up.

That way folks know what they're in for - I wouldn't want to pay $50 for a box of my unwanted figures, games and stuff, but it sounds like you have some good things to sell, it'll be convincing.

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
Jay-ray
Twin Famicom

Platforming God

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 12:41:49 AM »

Hmmmm, what's the ratio of Famicom games to the rest.  Also are the Famicom titles more filler and better for beginner collectors or could there be some sought after gem in there.  I'm not talking about rarities like Lickle and Gimmick, but something like Red Arremer 2 or Samurai Pizza Cats for example
there will be 10 famicom games per box and no there won't be tons of fillers there are some really great games in the mix.
fcgamer
Sharp C1

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 02:12:31 AM »

If you have any games from your collection that I need, I'd gladly take them off your hands Smiley

Please check out my gaming blog, FC Game Land, for information and my own personal thoughts on Famicom and other imported games.  I will also list items for sale on there, for those who are interested.

FC Game Land:  http://fcgamer.wordpress.com/
MasterDisk
Sharp C1
Switzerland Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 06:27:46 AM »

Same as well! (Particularly multicarts!)
zmaster18
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 11:16:09 AM »

Maybe sell your items individually first, then after a week or two bundle your leftover items. I think people would love to pick out the best stuff first. We definitely need to see some pics Tongue
HVC-Man
AV Famicom
Canada Canada

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 04:18:40 PM »

I don't think you guys quite understand the point of mystery boxes.

If I was in the US, I'd sign up for one, but postage to Canada will probably be excessive.

Check out my FS/FT thread! I've got many Famicom translations and repros
Mi5terDNA
AV Famicom

wolf fang fist!

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 04:38:36 PM »

$62 isn't chump change, and it's fairly typical for 'mystery items' to have an example to show customers.

To clarify, I think this is a really cool idea, not trying to be disparaging.
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

Hardware Collector

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 05:05:57 PM »

I don't think you guys quite understand the point of mystery boxes.

If I was in the US, I'd sign up for one, but postage to Canada will probably be excessive.

The mystery should be what the items in the box are - not whether or not the value will be way off, or if the items will be mostly old toys etc.

Manuel did this well with his series - outlined exactly how it worked and people lunged at it.  I'd recommend finding that thread for pointers  Red FC Cart

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
Bob-Bob
Disk System

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 11:24:11 AM »

I'd happily do this if it got me any of the FC carts I'm missing from my list.

I'd also happily take the Nintendo Power issues... if I didn't already have every one of them up to around 250 or so.  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: