Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 29, 2015, 03:39:30 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Off-Topic Chat (Moderators: manuel, SumixXam, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  What Languages Do You Speak?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print
Author Topic: What Languages Do You Speak?  (Read 20415 times)
Sharp C1

« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2015, 12:42:05 PM »

I need to get back to studying Chinese, but I am just so damned busy.  The last thing I want to do after working from morning until night is to crack the books.  Same thoughts about exercise, haha.  I just hope that the extra effort I am putting in now will help me with my career, so that in two years time, I can focus more on other things in life than just work.  We'll see.

In my church, everyone except for me and the priest is from the Philippines.  Although I attend the "English" mass, some of the songs are sung in Tagalog / Filipino, and of course the other members also feel much more comfortable talking in that language before / after mass as well.  Wanting to get better connected with my fellow parishioners, I decided to pull my Tagalog book off the shelf yesterday, and I am thinking about casually studying it as well, at least some basic phrases and the like.  Interestingly enough, in some ways I think learning it would be more beneficial to me than improving my Chinese, but others would beg to differ, I know.

Likewise, I am also quite interested in learning Indonesian to a conversational level, but I can think of little justification to pursue this at the moment, since Chinese is most important, with Tagalog being semi-justifiable as well due to wanting to get involved with my church more.

I also have a desire to learn some basic Japanese for reading (i.e. videogames) and I feel with my knowledge of Chinese characters, I have a slight advantage, but of course with the goal in mind, this is lower on the list compared to the "languages used in real life".

Please check out my gaming blog, FC Game Land, for information and my own personal thoughts on Famicom and other imported games.  I will also list items for sale on there, for those who are interested.

FC Game Land:  http://fcgamer.wordpress.com/
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2015, 09:04:53 PM »

Russian and English for now, maybe a little French.

Oh, and I'm also looking for some English language partners or just native speakers for (voice)chatting.
Some of you might think that my English is decent, but unfortunatelly, I don't feel confident while writing something and especially while speaking. I guess I need more practice.

Anyway, if you're interested in talking about some videogames, design, culture or just some random stuff - please sent me a PM. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: