Flood Control Issue....

Started by Parodius Duh, June 15, 2011, 03:59:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Parodius Duh

If I try posting consecutively, say within ten seconds, I get the flood control message, Instead of taking me back to the message, it just goes to the forum index or message inbox, NOT saving the super long response Ive just typed out.  Is there a way that the flood control can be set up to just take you back to your message you just typed? This is ANNOYING!  :D

UglyJoe

I might be able to make it redirect you back to the reply page, but I'm doubtful your post would still be in the reply box since that is a browser-controlled thing.  I'll look into it tonight.

manuel

How can you write a super long message in 10 seconds?  :crazy:

One tip (I learned to be paranoid about text boxes in browsers): Highlight the text and copy it to the clipboard (CTRL+c) before posting. This way you'll have the message saved even if a problem arises.

UglyJoe

Can you take a snapshot of the flood protection screen the next time it happens?  As far as I can tell from the source code, it should have a javascript link labeled "Back" that will take you back to the previous page.

Xious

Quote from: manuel on June 15, 2011, 05:31:13 am
How can you write a super long message in 10 seconds?  :crazy:

One tip (I learned to be paranoid about text boxes in browsers): Highlight the text and copy it to the clipboard (CTRL+c) before posting. This way you'll have the message saved even if a problem arises.

hah! I learned from hat mistake as well, and do quite the same. Sometimes, when the browser is sluggish, I just copy/paste into Word and write everything there, though I have to be sure to add certain elements back in the browser fame, like ellipses, which Word likes to auto-convert into their unique symbol that has no web rendering.

I rarely forget to copy a post before hitting 'submit' anymore, but when I do, it's Murphy Law that the post is eaten or lost to The Void...

I do think you're having a browser-related issue though, and honestly, if it's only happening when ten-or-less seconds pass, then post slower.  8)