Akujomajo Special Boku Dracula-Kun

Started by Protoman, August 21, 2011, 04:10:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DDCecil

So, does anyone have access to the 3 character password to level 7? I got up to the final level, but I gave up, and can't find any info on the passwords.

UglyJoe

From an archived version of a page manual posted earlier:

ステージ 1   つきよ
ステージ 2   やみよ
ステージ 3   くもり
ステージ 4   こさめ
ステージ 5   まなつ
ステージ 6   あした
ステージ 7   よあけ

kevkevkev

I get stuck on last boss. You need to bump up your hearts cause after your continues are gone you go back to 3. I just get frustrated doing mundane parts over and over. The quiz is tricky for us english.

DDCecil

Quote from: UglyJoe on February 26, 2015, 06:26:23 am
From an archived version of a page manual posted earlier:

ステージ 1   つきよ
ステージ 2   やみよ
ステージ 3   くもり
ステージ 4   こさめ
ステージ 5   まなつ
ステージ 6   あした
ステージ 7   よあけ

After posting that and going to sleep, I was thinking about using archive.org when I woke up! Thanks!

P

Quote from: kevkevkev on February 26, 2015, 10:22:09 am
I get stuck on last boss. You need to bump up your hearts cause after your continues are gone you go back to 3. I just get frustrated doing mundane parts over and over. The quiz is tricky for us english.

The quiz has been translated at GameFaq but they give away all the correct answers so you will have to remove those asterixes in the doc if you want to experience the quiz as it's meant to be.

FamilyMan

Yeah I beat that game a few years back. Final boss required the pause technique for me. Kinda tough final level but you'll get it!
- Collecting should be about owning the games as much as playing them!

kiwidaveinjapan

Managed to beat this in a day after watching the GCCX episode a year or so back. Hardest battle for me was the final boss. Took all day to finish the game.

egg_sanwich

There's no point using the password to get to the end. You need to stock up on lives before the elevator stage or you're toast. Once you know the pattern it's not too bad  ;)

Nightstar699

^ THIS. Ganbatte on those bonus games, folks, the elevator stage is, by leaps and bounds, the hardest and most random part of the game. The final boss rush is easy peasy. But it's been a long time since I replayed Dracula Kun, I think I'll do so again today.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Ghegs

^ It's not random, though. The platforms in the elevator always appear at the same place, unless my memory completely fails me. Learn it once and you're good to go.

When I played the game, I actively avoided collecting any coins so I wouldn't have to do the bonus games. Just slowed my pace down.

Nightstar699

The platform placement is indeed fixed, but sometimes those rockets that rise beneath you seem to spawn/explode inconsistently.

That being said, I just got done clearing it for the first time in ages and I only died once on the elevator stage, and it was due to me botching a jump. On the other hand I died quite a few times on the Pharaoh boss, anyone else have trouble with this fool? Again, he seems very random - There's times I've fought him where he doesn't fire a single shot, there's times I've fought him where he shoots almost immediately. I think the homing multishot works best for this fight but if anyone else has a better strat, feel free to share it.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

DDCecil

I decided to start at 6 and gathered coins for about an hour, and only got 1 1-UP from Bonus Stage D. >:(

Yeah, the pharaoh boss did the same thing to me. First time, he shot a bubble and knocked me into the abyss. The second time, he didn't shoot a thing.

kevkevkev

After about 4 months not playing it. I put it on and beat it in an hour. It helps getting good 1ups from the last 2 bonus rounds. Once i got the timing right on last boss its not thatt hard.

zmaster18

I used to have this game, it was just ok for me. I could never get passed the quiz part. It was a good solid game, but short. I wasn't even sad when I sold the game, and don't have any intentions on buying another unless it's super cheap.

Nightstar699

Quote from: zmaster18 on March 03, 2015, 03:42:13 pm
I could never get passed the quiz part.

212. That's all you'll need to remember to get past the quiz.

I myself just managed to no-death it for the first time, which was pretty cool. + No damage taken on final stage.

The two parts I'm most nervous about (Pharaoh + elevator) went smoothly, I tried a new strat against the Pharaoh: Using the explosive shot instead of the homing shot, and it worked well. He didn't fire a single projectile however I'm willing to bet I just got lucky in that regard. I wouldn't be surprised if, next time I play, I try the exact same strategy and end up dying from a bubble immediately.