I hope all our famicomworld friends from america are going to be ok!!

Started by tonev, August 26, 2011, 01:00:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tonev

Parodius Duh  great photos... hope your house is ok. Oh and those fallen trees hope they did not caused any damage to your neighbours  roofs.
I am back everyone :)

tonev

Hope Sandy did not made any damage to any of our us members...

RainLink

I live on the East coast and was prepared for the worst - Irene left me without electricity for a couple of days, as well as plenty of damage from fallen trees. Fortunately I live in the middle of the east coast (Virginia) and we got lucky - minimal damage sustained and I actually didn't lose electricity this time. I wish I could say the same for the states up north like New York.  :-\
"Consider your origins: You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge." - Dante Alighieri

Mo-hd

Glad you made it through safely. I hope that everything is ok for all members..

son_ov_hades

I'm from New Jersey, which was the worst hit area of the whole storm. Many towns in NJ were simply wiped off the map. I got lucky, little damage and no flooding. I just got power back after 5 days without it. Lines at gas stations are still 3 hours around here, and many people have no food or heat in their homes. I'm fine, but this is far from over.

RainLink

I'm sorry to hear that hades, although I'm glad no severe harm affected you directly. I've been watching the news lately and I couldn't believe the lines at the gas station like you mentioned - its crazy and scary all at the same time. All the destroyed homes and food shortage reminds me of Katrina a few years back...
"Consider your origins: You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge." - Dante Alighieri

son_ov_hades

Thanks RainLink. The gas crisis is crazy, our governor just enacted an odd/even thing like they had in the 70s. Tons of people need gas to run their generators to heat houses and keep from freezing at night. Here's a photo I took of the line I waited in yesterday.

Quote from: RainLink on November 02, 2012, 06:09:42 pm
All the destroyed homes and food shortage reminds me of Katrina a few years back...

I read today that Sandy is second only to Katrina in terms of damage. I'm just waiting for National Guard troops to show up here... :-\

manuel

petik1

Where are you, hades? I'm in WV, we didn't get hot too hard. I remember doing an odd/even thing during Wilma in Florida.

son_ov_hades

Quote from: son_ov_hades on November 02, 2012, 10:48:57 am
I'm from New Jersey

My state was by far the hardest hit. The storm made landfall just outside of Atlantic City.

Algo Fonix

On this side of WV we got a bit of rain and that was about it... but 3 hours east and my parents got about a foot of snow the first night. Crazy stuff.

tonev

7.4 earthquake in US (Guatemala)

Click on the spoiler to read more information
Spoiler
A deadly earthquake rattled Guatemala on Wednesday, knocking out electricity, destroying dozens of buildings, and killing at least 39 people, with many more missing or buried, President Otto Perez Molina said.

The quake, which officials called the most powerful temblor to hit the Central American country in 36 years, occurred at 10:35 a.m. along the northern part of Guatemala's Pacific coast. The U.S. Geological Survey measured it as magnitude 7.4, while Guatemala's National Seismological Institute ranked it as magnitude 7.2.

Guatemalan officials initially confirmed three deaths in San Marcos, a city in the country's western interior, but continued revising the number upward as the day went on.

"We must regret the deaths of 39 people," Perez told journalists during an afternoon tour of some of the worst-hit areas, according to the newspaper El Nuevo Siglo. "It's a tragedy, it's really lamentable."

The president said earlier that the areas of San Marcos, Solola and Quetzaltenango had been the hardest hit, along with Guatemala, home to Guatemala City, where some residents and office workers ran into the streets during an extended bout of strong shaking.

Perez said that homes and schools had been destroyed in numerous parts of the country and that the damage was still being assessed.

"The preliminary details that we can mention is that we have 100 people who have disappeared, and the other detail that is preliminary is that we have about 15 people who are buried, with the necessary rescues being performed," he said.

Local media noted that the western city of San Pedro Sacatepequez was hit particularly hard, with dozens of homes destroyed and communication hampered by downed telephone lines and power outages.

The earthquake was also felt in neighboring Mexico and El Salvador. As in the Guatemalan capital, many workers in Mexico City poured out of office buildings onto the city's main artery, the Paseo de la Reforma, though by the afternoon, Mayor Marcelo Ebrard had declared that the city had escaped harm.

The U.S.-run Pacific Tsunami Warning Center reported that a tsunami had been generated by the quake. The report had scant details but said the tsunami "may have been destructive along coasts near the earthquake epicenter."
[close]

Hope everything is going to be ok.
And also i hope that the snow storm goes soon and if there are members that are without electricity i hope their power goes back on sooner...