Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 09:46:53 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Famicom / Disk System (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Silver Box Carts
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Silver Box Carts  (Read 3021 times)
Japan-Games.com
Disk System

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 12:03:29 PM »

Ah, I actually meant to type in ナムッコ which is the correct way.  I typed "tsu" at the end instead of "to" by mistake.

Post Merge: February 02, 2011, 12:06:14 PM
Do you have a pic of the pulse line Devil World?
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

NIB hardware collector

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 11:12:44 PM »

This is a silver - I don't think there's a non-silver pulse version like the other carts, but I'm not an expert on these variations Sad

Last time I asked him about Devil World pulse line, Nintendodork knew about the variations *I think*

To be honest, the above could be a mismatch of box and cart anyway...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:17:47 PM by L___E___T » Logged

大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
Japan-Games.com
Disk System

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 01:42:26 AM »

I think you're right.  I started searching for them and I've seen both the pulse and regular versions but they both had the same box.  I haven't seen a smaller box without the plastic holder. 
Xious
Sharp C1

FDS Service

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »

I've seen the -to variant as well, but I didn't realize that B-N was using it now, as I was specifically told that it was wrong and should be -tsu; I see -tsu on FC-related stuff, but searching for it with -to definitely returns more results. Whether this is a newer shift or not I can't say, although I could have been given misinformation, or it could have been a regional (dialectal) difference.

I honestly wonder if anybody knows anymore how it originated, though I'm pretty sure it means something, and I think someone told me what, once, in the haze of my memory.  I certainly don't remember anymore and unless there's some old-timer at N-B to say, I don't know of any way to find out. As Namco is itself a contraction, I wouldn't think they'd just add a single random sound or letter for local branding; I am pretty sure that Namcot was specifically a different division, protected by a different incorporation than the parent Namco.

@ L_E_T: I'll check Famicomplete on the 'Devil World' cart's box for you. As I said, it's all a matter of personal choice. Since this was about Silver-Box' games, but not about 'Silver-Box' pulselines, I included the Robot games in what I'd consider to be part of that set for my own collection. Heck, there's a pile of games that I can include as 'silver box' for subsets. Anyhow, I tend to group my own collection weirdly with many crossover categories.  Bob-omb

Japan-Games.com
Disk System

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 01:12:26 PM »

Well shit!  This one might be a problem to get...heh

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m85524967

Here are the correct spellings for each:

Namco:  ナムコ  (na-mu-ko)

Namcot:  ナムコット  (na-mu-ko-(small tsu)-to)

There won't be anything different unless it's a mistake by the person typing it.  The tsu before the to means to not pronounce the o in to.  Hence, the English spelling Namcot instead of Namucoto.

For the Japanese pages I just browsed they're saying that Namco is the company name and Namcot was the name they used just for home video games...
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

NIB hardware collector

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 08:42:08 PM »

Is there a price check list for the Silver Series games?  Some like Golf are very cheap, while some like the shooting games are very, very uncommon.  This makes it hard to gauge prices, but I'm hoping there's some sort of price list floating around for them.

大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

NIB hardware collector

« Reply #21 on: Today at 10:32:35 AM »

Is there a price check list for these silver series games anywhere?  Which are the hardest to find?

大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: