Translation help! Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun

Started by acomicbookguyc, October 01, 2011, 02:50:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

acomicbookguyc

I am working on a project on making a reproduction of Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun. I want to make it as clean as possible and the only way I can do that is to take a direct translation from the box. I have a few pictures from another website to see if anyone here can help. If anyone can please help I would definitely appreciate it. I'll even offer to make a box and manual shipped to your door step if this all works out.

Box (back):
http://www.gamingsanctuary.com/AkumajouSpecialKDK_Box_Back.jpg

Manual:
http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/2/manual-kiddrac.htm

Post Merge: October 01, 2011, 02:53:32 am

Oh yea if anyone has scans of 600dpi or better for this game. That would be awesome.

Parodius Duh

dont you need the original famicom cart as well as a 60 to 72 pin converter in order to make a repro of this one?

acomicbookguyc

October 12, 2011, 06:10:50 pm #2 Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:32:26 pm by acomicbookguyc
Still need some help.

Post Merge: October 12, 2011, 06:32:26 pm

Yes, I have already done that and it's functional and ready to go. I just need these scans to make a new label, box and manual.

Ragnar

Hi, have you seen the cart in retrousb.com. they have already translated the game.
http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=108

but anyways, this is really a great game, i do own a copy for the famicom which i do sometimes pop in my famicom and play  ;)

Xious

I have to admit, I'm curious again here if this is an MMC3/5 conversion, or if Brian built a VRC4 mapper for the game. I also have to ask: Are those grey cases new parts? He has the moulds, so he could have made grey cases anew, or he could dye clear cases to grey (as I have done), but they could be old parts, which is generally against the RetroUSB policy, so I'm pretty stumped.

I suppose I'll be adding this to my list of things to order for inspection. :bomb:

Cheetahmen

Quote from: Xious on December 10, 2011, 05:05:24 am
I have to admit, I'm curious again here if this is an MMC3/5 conversion, or if Brian built a VRC4 mapper for the game. I also have to ask: Are those grey cases new parts? He has the moulds, so he could have made grey cases anew, or he could dye clear cases to grey (as I have done), but they could be old parts, which is generally against the RetroUSB policy, so I'm pretty stumped.

I would assume it's probably an MMC5 conversion. I have a multicart with an MMC3 conversion of it and the HUD jitters a bit on that one.
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

Xious

Which would also assume that Brian has a MMC5 CPLD, although he has released no such mapper for the PowerPak. There is a VRC4 PowerPak mapper (by loopy) that I am guessing he converted to a single CPLD for this recreation.  :bomb:

Parodius Duh

As usual, That RetroUSB label looks like shit and has their logo all over it....that ticks me off so much, if youre going to make a reproduction, make it look like what it SHOULD look like, as if it were an actual release. Heres my nice Original Konami style label: