Custom Famicom Cartridge labels?

Started by Parodius Duh, October 26, 2011, 10:19:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Parodius Duh

October 26, 2011, 10:19:58 pm Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:03:10 am by Parodius Duh
Are any of our members out there artistically skilled that could possibly help me out in making some custom Famicom cart labels :question:

Im making a few reproductions and need labels for the following: Blade Buster, Titan Warriors, Bio Force Ape, and Metroid Deluxe. I need these labels to look as if they were legitimate. High Quality, official famicom and game company logos, etc. Anyone who can help will be rewarded greatly!   ;D Im hoping to see some of your artwork and label making skills!  :star:

Post Merge: October 27, 2011, 12:03:09 am

maybe this could be used as a template?

Parodius Duh

Freakin' Awesome!!!!!! Thank you so much! If you can come up with the other labels I will send you a cart free!!!!  ;D

jpx72

I love the Bio force ape sticker!! Thanks, will come in handy!

NintendoKing

I like making labels, I have made labels for 6 of my Famicom pirates that either had wrong labels or no labels. I always use clear packing tape over the printed label and glue it on with a craft glue stick. They tend to look quite nice.

L___E___T

October 27, 2011, 08:20:43 am #4 Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:41:38 am by L___E___T
Funny you say, I'm actually doing this at the moment for a whole bunch of carts.  Just make sure you print hi res and to the right size.
Also, rather than use the image preview I posted - please use the Photoshop file - I also have a vector file if someone wants/needs that.

The Bio Force one is great I think and that's official art.  The Metroid one is also good but it's squished unfortunately.
It also depends on how far you want to go with this.  Technically, all Nintendo releases use the same format - but that format changes in turn throughout the lifespan of the Famicom.  For example, Compare the labels of the early games like Tennis and Super Mario Bros to later games like Joy Mech Fight. 
I find it all really interesting, whcih is why I'm doing hundreds of them.  They're just not ready yet!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

NintendoKing

October 27, 2011, 08:32:40 am #5 Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 07:43:13 am by The Uninvited Gremlin
I just finished making a label for "Titan Warriors", It only took me a little over a 1 hour and I will upload it soon enough.

[image removed]

L___E___T

That's really great I think.  It's very compressed though - I hope it's just a web preview version :)
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

NintendoKing

It's been shrunk to half-sized; so yes it's just a preview version. It's based on the arcade game.

NintendoKing

That's a much nicer Metroid Deluxe label; nice work!

Ryo

Parodius Duh

These are great guys!

@punkpolitical Could you maybe swap the text From your Titan Warriors label with the actual game text like on Uninvited Gremlins label?

I cant thank you guys enough, this is a huge help as I have absolutely no artistic skills or editing/photoshop skills.  :-

whoever can make the most labels that look high quality and official, no squashed or stretch image, etc... will receive a famicom reproduction cart of their choice!  ;D

Anybody up to giving these labels a try??

Blade Buster
Super Mario Bros. Hanshin Tigers Giabbit Hunting hack
Sun Man
War on Wheels
Rockman No Constancy Hack (in style of original famicom rockman game labels, please no super fancy rockman art)
Donkey Kong Pie Factory Hack
Super Mario Bros 2 (USA) Christmas Edition Hack (since the season is almost here!)  ;)

Thanks again guys!  ;D ;D ;D youre not just helping me out but everybody interested in making famicom repros! Keep the awesome labels coming! Even if there is a game that I didnt list but YOU would personally want a repro of it, well, post that label up!  ;D

Post Merge: October 27, 2011, 02:20:39 pm

Awesome Blade Buster label Ryo!!!!!  :D

L___E___T

Blade Buster graphic kicks ass Ryo...

By the way folks, something I should have mentioned - that label template will only fit a regular Nintendo cart properly.  Check the size of the cart you're printing onto and adjust accordingly.  Same for the back, which is slightly smaller.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Ryo

October 27, 2011, 03:56:31 pm #12 Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:04:35 pm by Ryo

Rockman Noconstancy

Parodius Duh

October 27, 2011, 04:03:42 pm #13 Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:21:26 pm by Parodius Duh
AWESOME!!!!!!!! Thats great Ryo!  ;D 8)

Would anyone be able to replicate this label or come up with something similar for Super Mario Hanshin Tigers Giabbit Hunting?  ???

Post Merge: October 27, 2011, 11:21:26 pm

I still can not get over how awesome these labels are!  :star: :star: :star: :star:

kokie

Anyone in this thread makes Famicom Repro? I want some game but don't know who to contact.