Custom Famicom Cartridge labels?

Started by Parodius Duh, October 26, 2011, 10:19:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

star_scream1646

Very very awesome!!!! And Thank you again ;) hope this answers your question lol ;D

L___E___T

November 25, 2012, 04:48:00 am #331 Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:55:10 am by L___E___T
I love all these!  I lost my big list of what ifs when my PC died, but it was basically all my favourite games from the last 20 years, great to see some like Starfox in there as I had those in mind too.  Can you think what an 8-bit Starfox would look like?!  I imagine a pseudo 3D shooter could still be really good done in the right way.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Rosser

Quote from: L___E___T on November 25, 2012, 04:48:00 am
I love all these!  I lost my big list of what ifs when my PC died, but it was basically all my favourite games from the last 20 years, great to see some like Starfox in there as I had those in mind too.  Can you think what an 8-bit Starfox would look like?!  I imagine a pseudo 3D shooter could still be really good done in the right way.

It would look like that old Star wars 3D Arcade Vector game...That would be cool

L___E___T

I was thnking more like Falsion or Tetrastar
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

RainLink

Thanks again everyone, especially you Star_Scream! You know I was thinking the same thing about Starfox L_E_T. There are just so many possibilities for all of these demakes on the Famicom and I love making these sort of cart labels. Who knows what the future will bring for demakes?!
"Consider your origins: You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge." - Dante Alighieri

Butcherdeliz

Looking at that Starfox cart just conjures up sooo much emotion inside me. I also have a fave retro game character come to mind, Ill try to make a famicom what-if box later too. :D

Butcherdeliz

December 09, 2012, 08:51:38 pm #336 Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:43:18 pm by Butcherdeliz
My Punch Out box!  :V

lemons

Quote from: RainLink on November 24, 2012, 08:47:29 pm

I redid my Rockman 7 + 8 labels:

Those look great!  Have you made any Rockman 9 or 10 labels?  I was thinking of doing my own actually but was having trouble finding high res artwork for the Rockman 9 and 10 logos.

Also I wasn't able to find the right japanese text for the label too to make it look official like you did.  Where did you get it/what font did you use?

L___E___T

I have some high res logos, took me ages to find as Rocman 10 I believe was officially Megaman 10.

I'll dig it out and post in this thread.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

lemons

Fantastic work punkpolitical and RainLink!  How do you go about making sticker labels of them for putting on Famicom carts?

RainLink

December 21, 2012, 06:21:26 pm #341 Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 06:26:54 pm by RainLink
Whew it's been a while since I've been on the forums! My last computer finally conked out on me.  :(

I'm appreciate your compliments lemons, and welcome to Famicom World! I'm not particularly good with printing out and applying the labels like some other users on here are; I just have fun making them. To answer a question you had like a few posts ago I think for the font below the "Rockman" logo I used a font called "Meiryo" Bold but I'm not 100% content with how it came out. I'm still looking for other fonts to make it look better.

punkpolitical I like that art you chose to use for that Rockman 10 label. Genius!

Oh and Butcherdeliz I freaking LOOOVE that punchout!! boxart! Punchout is easily one of my favorite games from the NES/Famicom.
"Consider your origins: You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge." - Dante Alighieri

Pemdawg

RainLink vs Punk political Rockman label battle! You guys both do beautiful work ;D

MarioMania

Can you do Costum NES Labels for the Famicom, Like

Super Mario Bros. 3
Kirby's Adventure