Custom Famicom Cartridge labels?

Started by Parodius Duh, October 26, 2011, 10:19:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pemdawg

February 20, 2014, 05:07:42 pm #465 Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 06:22:39 pm by Pemdawg
Finally ordered the 2mm corner cutter, so I plan to finish my Mega man series, and then do a few custom Super Famicom labels :-)

Post Merge: February 21, 2014, 06:22:39 pm

Does anyone know what size corner rounder to use for other label types, such as Super Famicom, US SNES, Gameboy, and Sega Genesis/PAL MD?

Oreanor

March 09, 2014, 06:31:25 am #466 Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:40:56 am by Oreanor
not sure if it's proper topic, but just wanted to share
finally managed to make small box for my Flying Warriors  :star:
if someone need the layout, I will surely upload it

dragon1952

June 10, 2014, 01:52:47 pm #467 Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:17:54 pm by dragon1952
This is an amazing thread and I love it! I just discovered it today and while I am a veteran video games developer, I am not a illustrator. The work done here is nothing short of genius!

I love famicom over NES since I use an AV famicom and I also prefer famicom cartridges. I have had done for me BLADE BUSTER, TITAN WARRIOR and even a traditional cartridge DEZAEMON!

I would love to also see KICK MASTER, the second G.I. JOE: ATLANTIS FACTOR and TALESPIN done by someone here since I hope to have those built in the near future!

Success is where preparation meets opportunity!

L___E___T

Welcome Dragon, great to have industry talent here! 

What was the image you pasted, the mystery is killing me :(

At the risk of derailing, what was your favourite game to work on?

I would like to see carts and labels for the Game Centre CX games myself..

Post Merge: June 10, 2014, 02:08:42 pm

Oh I see it now - LOVE that Dezaemon cartridge, is it switched mapper or something?  How did you get it on to a smaller cartridge?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

dragon1952

My favorite game of involvement with 70+ was creator and designing for  "Maximo: Ghost to Glory". I also worked on the original "Crash Bandicoot" as designer, producer and co-creator.

Many others including "Aero the Acrobat" which was originally designed for the famicom! At that time I worked for Sunsoft and we were designing and planning for the the third generation of Sunsoft famicom games that were to feature the Sun 5b and 7 chips (like the second generation games were starting to be released). The Sega Genesis and later the SFC/SNES kill that and they were all cancelled.

L___E___T

June 11, 2014, 02:29:36 am #470 Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:41:04 am by L___E___T
Ah, I believe we've met then, I bought your Dezaemon from eBay I believe... :)

I had meant to ask you all sorts of questions but never sorted out a few.

Without putting you on the spot TOO much, woulf you be interested in doing a mini 'ask me' thread?  There are a lot of big Sunsoft fans here, myself included.

I loved Maximo by the way, turned out exactly how I'd hoped it would play and loved the sequel too.

Post Merge: June 11, 2014, 02:41:04 am

Also very sad to hear those plans were scrapped, albeit for the right business reasons.  Would you be able to say after all these years, what kind of games they were??
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

dragon1952

June 11, 2014, 06:22:42 am #471 Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:39:53 am by dragon1952
Yeah, you probably did buy that from me. I have sold a ton of games over the last four or five years from my personal collection. Funny, I never intended to sell any of it but being out of work and my wife having cancer changed that...

I am being interviewed for a book recently about Sunsoft and just also turned down Retro magazine as I haven't felt well lately, but I would consider it. I just want to be part of the crowd here as I am a big famicom/SFC gamer.

I too would love to see the labels for Game Center CX, as I love those games and bought and was able to play through the second one without english. Those games should be on famicom but I suppose they are more technically advanced than 8bit.

Bluecowbowling

Quote from: Oreanor on March 09, 2014, 06:31:25 am
not sure if it's proper topic, but just wanted to share
finally managed to make small box for my Flying Warriors  :star:
if someone need the layout, I will surely upload it

Could I get that layout and what  kind of paper do you pint those boxes on?? I do game labels pretty good using self adhesive shipping label paper and acid free non yellowing crafting tape over the top of the paper to protect against smudges and bleeding.I for sure want to try my hand at some boxes and love the way you have done yours.

tappybot

Wow. These are amazing. Bravo, people!

Now...  How does one acquire a finely printed Bio Force Ape famicom cartridge with that dashing artwork?   :)

L___E___T

First port of call would be to identify a good repro maker.  There are more NES than Famicom repro makers around, but good quality labels aren't always a DIY job.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

MarioMania

Can anyone do a Label for TMNT Tournament Fighters NES version

for a Famicom Cart, Konami Style

Oreanor

Quote from: Bluecowbowling on July 03, 2014, 11:33:48 am

Could I get that layout and what  kind of paper do you pint those boxes on?? I do game labels pretty good using self adhesive shipping label paper and acid free non yellowing crafting tape over the top of the paper to protect against smudges and bleeding.I for sure want to try my hand at some boxes and love the way you have done yours.

you're welcome
http://rghost.ru/56778638
I used  Lomond glossy photo paper 230g/cm2
Of course, the denser the paper, the better, but this is all I could find.

80sFREAK

Quote from: RainLink on October 31, 2012, 10:13:26 am
Quote from: 80sFREAK on October 30, 2012, 03:24:32 pm
After seeing all this artwork, i might give "minus" a try(i guess everyone knows, i'm not a big fan of platformers).

One more "weird" request - Exolon label for Famicom

This one looks difficult as well, I'll try my best!  :D

EDIT:

How's this look?

Ouch...  :-[ Seems i missed this. Bad on me. Late reply, but... it looks very good.
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy

Bluecowbowling

Quote from: punkpolitical on November 09, 2011, 03:39:23 pm
Quote from: L___E___T on November 09, 2011, 12:57:10 pm
The Batman one is schmexé!    I reckon these need to go into a gallery section of the site before long, where they'll build and build and build...

Thanks! :star:

Quote from: jpx72 on November 09, 2011, 12:26:41 pm
The Batman one is better than the previous, it's looking more piratey! Have you made that Japanese "Batman" writing yourself?

I did not make the writing on the Batman Logo. I found The Logo somewhere on the internet. ;D

Here is another Label.
Spoiler

[close]

I love this label,
Could you do a Zelda 2 custom label as well??

ImATrackMan

Just a quick question. Where do you guys get these printed? I've made my own for a Kira Kira Star Night cart I'm going to be making soon, but even making/printing it at 600 DPI it looks pretty, well, bleh. What are your printing methods?