Custom Famicom Cartridge labels?

Started by Parodius Duh, October 26, 2011, 10:19:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

number47

Now you have to hack the ROM file also to replace Tradewest with Masaya  :P

HVC-Man

Here's one for Monster Party. I just used the American artwork for it.

M-Tee

Man, Monster Party had some awesome box art. Gotta love that gouache.

L___E___T

Screw the guache, look at that Black Lagoon Moustache! 

Nice label, looks pretty authentic if you ask me :)
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

CloudGamerX

That label looks familiar. By any chance HVC-Man, do you know someone on NintendoAge by the username Guntz?

HVC-Man

Yeah that's me. I just wanted a more appropriate title here. If I was better with pixels, I'd draw an HVC Man avatar, the white and red Robot Master.  :-X The Hippie from Mother suits me fine though.

CloudGamerX

After i made the BTDD label, a thought came across my mind, "What other awesome games didn't get a japanese release?" Well, after doing some research, i found 2 awesome games that were suprisingly unreleased in Japan. Now, i don't plan on making repros of these, nor do I advise making repros of these games since they're not like BTDD or Suprise at Dino Peak expensive, but should anyone make repros of these anyways, feel free to use the labels! It's fun making these labels :) Also, the Batman Returns label I modeled after the famicom Batman released by Sunsoft.

Also as a bonus, Battle Kid Famicom Labels! :)

HVC-Man

Fantastic looking labels! That reminds me to play some more Batman Returns.

Here's a label for Zelda: The Legend of Link. I tried to recreate the in-game logo and the game contains Epona and the Ocarina, so I put those on there.

CloudGamerX

June 05, 2015, 03:25:00 pm #563 Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:30:58 am by CloudGamerX
awesome! This label reminds me alot of Ocarina of Time, my first and favorite game :)

Post Merge: June 05, 2015, 03:46:20 pm

Okay, i found a list of games that were NES exclusives and my god, their is so many games that i never thought i would imagine not having a famicom release! Oh well, guess it's time to get to work and pick out the good from the bad. I am already at work with another Famicom label for an NES exclusive. Not gonna say what it is, but in the meantime let's get dangerous! ;)

Post Merge: June 06, 2015, 12:30:54 am

Ta-da! As a side note, the Darkwing Duck label is modeled after the same style as The Little Mermaid famicom cart. If anyone else wants to make their takes on these labels, go for it! I love seeing the different takes on labels :)

HVC-Man

That Darkwing Duck label reminds me of a similar label I made for that Duck Tales 2 2-player hack that was released to romhacking.net some time ago.

Would anyone be willing to share that Blade Buster label that's been floating around? I'm also looking for a Recca label, if anyone has made one.

CloudGamerX

Okay, i was digging through my files and i found a couple things i made for Zelda: The Legend of Link. So I figured "Why not share it?" So here you go everyone! Hope you like it :)
Artwork for cover and label is from Adella on DeviantArt, go check her out here!
http://adella.deviantart.com/

nerdynebraskan

Those Legend of Link concepts are pretty neat, HVC Man. I might have to use one of those. Any chance you could fit one of those to an NES-sized label?
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

HVC-Man

If you mean me, I'm not sure how well my Legend of Link label would work in a vertical NES format as the art is designed to be horizontal.

Castlevania II

Castlevania II: Redaction

muckyfingers

Anyone have one for Bionic Commando? I've made myself a translated version of it.

CloudMaster

I like all the nice labels! Here's two SNES labels i made long ago

These NES labels are old ones i found and resized and cleaned up a bit