Custom Famicom Cartridge labels?

Started by Parodius Duh, October 26, 2011, 10:19:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MarioMania

Nice custom on the Rockman 2 label

muckyfingers

I'm totally an amateur at this, but here is my Gimmick! repro label. Thanks for the help number47

maddope

April 25, 2015, 07:03:27 pm #527 Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:15:26 pm by maddope
Im looking to get a label for a repro im hoping to get done soon of the earthbound zero prototype on a famicom cart with the artwork from the original Mother release in japan but instead of it saying Mother it says Earthbound.. if that makes sense..  I could honestly do it myself as i am a graphic designer but i dont have the vector template

number47

You don't need the template, just measure the area on your cartridge that holds the label and set the document size in your program.

L___E___T

The template used here is just a PNG I saved of a PDF template from the Mr. Splash! label.  But 47 is right, it was nothing more than a measured label with crop marks, you could set it up in AI or ID in 2 mins.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

muckyfingers

That's a great label punkpolitical, thank you for sharing

number47

I had to redo my FME-7 Gimmick label. This yellow-black vertigo thingy looks bad on paper and Sunsoft cartridge label is 4mm wider.
Also I wanted to state that it was a repro.

CloudGamerX

Here's a few labels I made recently. I mainly make NES labels and post them on NintendoAge, so I figured i might as well post my famicom labels here. Enjoy! :)

Thank you Parodius Duh for the template for these ^^

These last two i made specifically to put on a full sheet sized image on Paint, but they seem to print just fine as is. just make sure to set at 100% normal size!

This one is for the JAP prototype of Monster Party.

number47

Just finished my Contra (J) repro. Sorry for bad pic, I will add the printable file tomorrow.

jpx72

Thanks CloudGamerX for the awesome Sonic fami-sms label!!!

number47

May 19, 2015, 05:48:21 am #537 Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 04:30:55 pm by number47
Now the printable file. You have to use Gimp or Photoshop to print it with the right size.

Recca Pure repro label.

Since I finished my Battletoads repro, I made a custom label for that also.

L___E___T

Like that Battletoads label especially - did you use the US NES version?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

CloudGamerX

Quote from: jpx72 on May 17, 2015, 01:50:52 pm
Thanks CloudGamerX for the awesome Sonic fami-sms label!!!

you're welcome man! :)

Infact, here are 3 more labels I put together for fun. The Super Mario 3mix label is based off the one posted on DeviantArt by wheretheresawil. All I did was "convert" it to a famicom label, but I still give credit to wheretheresawil for the original artwork. Also, big shoutout to RainLink for the inspiration to make the Rockman 2 Claw and Rockman 2 Grey Zone labels!