Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 07:06:23 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Other Gaming (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  I hate the Angry Video Game Nerd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: I hate the Angry Video Game Nerd  (Read 5986 times)
DowntimeinJapan
Famicom

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 03:31:19 AM »

@tappybot Hardly a gamer? Have you seen his room?

Haha, well, compared to today's hardcore gamer.  He's more of a collector, less of a gamer.  When he was a kid, sure, but he's a busy dude these days and doesn't play modern game consoles from what I gather.

I want to believe that he bought most of those games after his childhod. Either that or he was loaded as a kid thanks to his parents. I wonder....hmmm

tonev
Twin Famicom

Famicom Fan

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 01:23:55 PM »

The stupid thing is that hm 70% of his games are donated... and some of the others he bought because of the paypal donations he recieved... hell he has more than 20 000$ donated because of the movie he is now making...

WHEN I DIE I WANT ALL MY GAMING RELATED ITEMS TO BE SPLIT EQUALLYTO MY GF! ALSO JAN AKA JPX72 AND SECURITY16
Drakon
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

Retro console modder

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 03:04:43 AM »

He's funny because he's entertaining to watch and a lot of what he says is how a lot of people feel.  Whether it's true or not is up for debate but people know where he's coming from when he points out obvious flaws of terrible games.  I mean he's popular for a reason.

nintendodork
Ex-Post Whore
FW Legacy
Disk-kun
United States United States

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2012, 03:23:08 AM »

The stupid thing is that hm 70% of his games are donated... and some of the others he bought because of the paypal donations he recieved... hell he has more than 20 000$ donated because of the movie he is now making...
Why is that stupid? If people want to give him games they don't play anymore, or just feel generous, what's so wrong about that? He has a lot of fans, so I'm sure the $20,000 (if that's seriously how much money has been fan-donated) is slightly justifiable.
manuel
CIB maniac
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Japan Japan

It'sa Mii, manuel

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2012, 05:47:32 AM »

If anybody feels generous... I'll take free games, too!  Grin

fredJ
Sharp C1
Sweden Sweden

Let's dance

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2012, 07:26:53 AM »

Actually he does buy a lot of his stuff. He showed when he reviewed the.... hmmm Jaguar I think, and also the Virtual Boy, how much it cost him to buy the stuff he tried out.
Also he had an extensive collection before he started.
Not that I see how it can be stupid that people donate games to him?

Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com
petik1
Sharp C1

WILL MOD FOR FOOD

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »

The fans donated $200,000.
fredJ
Sharp C1
Sweden Sweden

Let's dance

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2012, 08:56:11 PM »

for the movie

Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com
Parodius Duh
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2012, 09:22:52 PM »

for the movie.......

WHAT THE FUUUUUU CAN HE POSSIBLY MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT THAT HE HASNT ALREADY COVERED IN HIS EPISODES? OR MAYBE THE PEANUT GALLERY JUST WANTS HIM TO SPRAY MORE FACTS WE ALL ALREADY KNOW INTO THEIR DUMBASS EARS? Yeah the powerglove sucks, great, known that since 1988......

I swear to god if his shitbag friend Mike is in the movie..........
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:43:27 PM by Parodius Duh » Logged
nintendodork
Ex-Post Whore
FW Legacy
Disk-kun

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2012, 03:31:35 AM »

CAN HE POSSIBLY MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT THAT HE HASNT ALREADY COVERED IN HIS EPISODES? OR MAYBE THE PEANUT GALLERY JUST WANTS HIM TO SPRAY MORE FACTS WE ALL ALREADY KNOW INTO THEIR DUMBASS EARS? Yeah the powerglove sucks, great, known that since 1988......
He's not making videos to give his fans insight on things that aren't widely known, he makes them to be funny.  What you're doing to James Rolfe right now would be like me criticizing the Saint's Row video game series on how accurately it portrays gang violence in America.
petik1
Sharp C1

WILL MOD FOR FOOD

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2012, 02:30:29 PM »

According to his little vlogs, it'll be action/adventure.
Parodius Duh
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2012, 03:24:15 PM »

CAN HE POSSIBLY MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT THAT HE HASNT ALREADY COVERED IN HIS EPISODES? OR MAYBE THE PEANUT GALLERY JUST WANTS HIM TO SPRAY MORE FACTS WE ALL ALREADY KNOW INTO THEIR DUMBASS EARS? Yeah the powerglove sucks, great, known that since 1988......
He's not making videos to give his fans insight on things that aren't widely known, he makes them to be funny.  What you're doing to James Rolfe right now would be like me criticizing the Saint's Row video game series on how accurately it portrays gang violence in America.

Well I dont find them funny.
treismac
Disk System

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2012, 07:19:12 PM »

While I wouldn't say that I hate the AVGN, I am not a huge fan.  His overuse of cussing and middle school humor are annoyingly sophomoric more times than not.  I will admit that his videos have given me a few chuckles here and there, though.  I think if James had some good writers working with him, the show could improve dramatically.  His acting by Youtube standards isn't too bad.  It is the "creative" construction of new, lame curses that really hurts my enjoyment.   Quite simply, he tries too hard.  That's my opinion, for all it's not worth.

The Happy Video Game Nerd totally rocks, though.  He is both funny, informed, and erudite.  Some of his reviews are incredibly well written and pieced together.  Definitely worth checking out.  If nothing else, I give the AVGN credit for being the inspiration for such a kick ass parody.  Too bad that the HVGN hasn't done any new reviews in a while...
Nightstar699
Always an AV Famicom
Sharp C1

My chanko stew will blow you away!

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2012, 10:58:13 PM »

The AVGN started going downhill a long time ago... it just seems like James stopped caring about the series, and his heart just isn't in it.

I personally believe the movie is going to be absolute garbage, but eh, I'd love to be wrong on that one.

So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...
FamicomRetroGamer
Sharp C1

Antique Consoles FTW!

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2012, 12:29:07 PM »

Just seen a couple mins of a newer video of his and was actually better than before, and wow, how envy am I of his big ass console collection.

Amazing collection.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: