I hate the Angry Video Game Nerd

Started by Parodius Duh, October 28, 2011, 09:56:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DowntimeinJapan

Quote from: tappybot on November 05, 2011, 10:29:23 am
Quote from: petik1 on November 04, 2011, 05:10:08 pm
@tappybot Hardly a gamer? Have you seen his room?

Haha, well, compared to today's hardcore gamer.  He's more of a collector, less of a gamer.  When he was a kid, sure, but he's a busy dude these days and doesn't play modern game consoles from what I gather.

I want to believe that he bought most of those games after his childhod. Either that or he was loaded as a kid thanks to his parents. I wonder....hmmm

tonev

The stupid thing is that hm 70% of his games are donated... and some of the others he bought because of the paypal donations he recieved... hell he has more than 20 000$ donated because of the movie he is now making...
I am back everyone :)

Drakon

He's funny because he's entertaining to watch and a lot of what he says is how a lot of people feel.  Whether it's true or not is up for debate but people know where he's coming from when he points out obvious flaws of terrible games.  I mean he's popular for a reason.

nintendodork

Quote from: tonev on January 24, 2012, 07:23:55 am
The stupid thing is that hm 70% of his games are donated... and some of the others he bought because of the paypal donations he recieved... hell he has more than 20 000$ donated because of the movie he is now making...
Why is that stupid? If people want to give him games they don't play anymore, or just feel generous, what's so wrong about that? He has a lot of fans, so I'm sure the $20,000 (if that's seriously how much money has been fan-donated) is slightly justifiable.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

manuel

If anybody feels generous... I'll take free games, too!  ;D

fredJ

Actually he does buy a lot of his stuff. He showed when he reviewed the.... hmmm Jaguar I think, and also the Virtual Boy, how much it cost him to buy the stuff he tried out.
Also he had an extensive collection before he started.
Not that I see how it can be stupid that people donate games to him?
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

petik1

fredJ

Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

Parodius Duh

February 02, 2012, 03:22:52 pm #38 Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 03:43:27 pm by Parodius Duh
for the movie.......

WHAT THE FUUUUUU CAN HE POSSIBLY MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT THAT HE HASNT ALREADY COVERED IN HIS EPISODES? OR MAYBE THE PEANUT GALLERY JUST WANTS HIM TO SPRAY MORE FACTS WE ALL ALREADY KNOW INTO THEIR DUMBASS EARS? Yeah the powerglove sucks, great, known that since 1988......

I swear to god if his shitbag friend Mike is in the movie..........

nintendodork

Quote from: Parodius Duh on February 02, 2012, 03:22:52 pm
CAN HE POSSIBLY MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT THAT HE HASNT ALREADY COVERED IN HIS EPISODES? OR MAYBE THE PEANUT GALLERY JUST WANTS HIM TO SPRAY MORE FACTS WE ALL ALREADY KNOW INTO THEIR DUMBASS EARS? Yeah the powerglove sucks, great, known that since 1988......
He's not making videos to give his fans insight on things that aren't widely known, he makes them to be funny.  What you're doing to James Rolfe right now would be like me criticizing the Saint's Row video game series on how accurately it portrays gang violence in America.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

petik1

According to his little vlogs, it'll be action/adventure.

Parodius Duh

Quote from: nintendodork on February 02, 2012, 09:31:35 pm
Quote from: Parodius Duh on February 02, 2012, 03:22:52 pm
CAN HE POSSIBLY MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT THAT HE HASNT ALREADY COVERED IN HIS EPISODES? OR MAYBE THE PEANUT GALLERY JUST WANTS HIM TO SPRAY MORE FACTS WE ALL ALREADY KNOW INTO THEIR DUMBASS EARS? Yeah the powerglove sucks, great, known that since 1988......
He's not making videos to give his fans insight on things that aren't widely known, he makes them to be funny.  What you're doing to James Rolfe right now would be like me criticizing the Saint's Row video game series on how accurately it portrays gang violence in America.

Well I dont find them funny.

treismac

While I wouldn't say that I hate the AVGN, I am not a huge fan.  His overuse of cussing and middle school humor are annoyingly sophomoric more times than not.  I will admit that his videos have given me a few chuckles here and there, though.  I think if James had some good writers working with him, the show could improve dramatically.  His acting by Youtube standards isn't too bad.  It is the "creative" construction of new, lame curses that really hurts my enjoyment.   Quite simply, he tries too hard.  That's my opinion, for all it's not worth.

The Happy Video Game Nerd totally rocks, though.  He is both funny, informed, and erudite.  Some of his reviews are incredibly well written and pieced together.  Definitely worth checking out.  If nothing else, I give the AVGN credit for being the inspiration for such a kick ass parody.  Too bad that the HVGN hasn't done any new reviews in a while...

Nightstar699

The AVGN started going downhill a long time ago... it just seems like James stopped caring about the series, and his heart just isn't in it.

I personally believe the movie is going to be absolute garbage, but eh, I'd love to be wrong on that one.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

FamicomRetroGamer

Just seen a couple mins of a newer video of his and was actually better than before, and wow, how envy am I of his big ass console collection.

Amazing collection.