I hate the Angry Video Game Nerd

Started by Parodius Duh, October 28, 2011, 09:56:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakon

I found him entertaining for a bit but then it got repetitive and I got tired of seeing crappy games.

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: Drakon on May 02, 2012, 06:53:00 pm
I found him entertaining for a bit but then it got repetitive and I got tired of seeing crappy games.

What he said. Except I never found him entertaining. I guess he's an acquired taste - like Will Ferrell.

fromjapanwithpixels

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on May 02, 2012, 08:43:23 pmguess he's an acquired taste - like Will Ferrell.

Oh god just... no, do not compare James Rolfe to that man.

I'm genuinely surprised to see so much hate for the AVGN character here; I figured Famicom and NES junkies would be able to relate quite well. Maybe you guys were just fortunate enough to not grow up renting terribly frustrating Nintendo games on the weekends...? ???

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on May 02, 2012, 08:43:23 pm
Quote from: Drakon on May 02, 2012, 06:53:00 pm

What he said. Except I never found him entertaining. I guess he's an acquired taste - like Will Ferrell.

Oh God.. Will Ferrell, Will Ferrell was atrocious on the Office series, the only episode he was actually funny was the one he got f-word up or something. Not too funny, kinda funny. ;D

/offtopic

Drakon

I think avgn had / has such appeal because most retro gamers are angry little trolls who have collection addiction and like to hate on everything.