Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

senseiman

That collection of Famiclones looks amazing.  Especially that one with the orange infrared controller and the revolver that looks exactly like the official Famicom one.  Nice!

Strider_Hiryu

Man, you are a clone magnet  ;D

GREAT finds!

Waltergol

Great finds!!! Very nice clones!!! congratz

This are my lastest finds from August and September.  :redcart: :redcart:

The Famicom have AV output and turn on/off LED

Some Famicom games  :redcart: :redcart:

Some Famiclon games  :mario: :mario:

Regards
My Famicom and Famiclon Blog - http://familycomgame.blogspot.com/

lobdale

Nice gets!  Devil World is a pretty fun game.

I grabbed a few more boxed games while I was in Tokyo slummin' around this week too, though nowhere near that many...

UglyJoe

Ooh, Knight Move.  Great game.  Greater music!

xan_racketboy_fan

My first Famicom game (which happens to be probably my favorite NES game of all time), BATMAN! I thought these plastic cases were the norm, too - however I learned that isn't the case. Sorry for including the controller, it was a reference for myself because I was shocked at how tiny this case was ... it's so darn cute and tough ... at the same time!  :D

lobdale

Almost bought Batman loose at a Book-off for 250 yen the other day and just put it back for some reason.  Kinda regretting it now!  Sunsoft games have such awesome tunes. :redcart:

xan_racketboy_fan

^^^ Indeed, some amazing music, if not the best churned out by an NES/Famicom and it's all thanks to Naoki Kodaka.

(^_^)

Quote from: 133MHz on September 10, 2011, 06:12:13 pm
My September Famicom finds. Clones, clones and more clones! Have I mentioned I'm obsessed with clones? ::)

Yet another "Creation" mini NES clone, this time in its original box (though in poor condition) with two controllers and AC adapter. Dual slot (60/72) with built in games. I'm still working on it so I'll just show you some funny Engrish proudly displayed on the side of the box for now: :P

Two Power Joy consoles. The left one was $2 and barebones while the right one was $6 and complete (2nd controller, light gun, AC adapter). Seems that the light gray one is a VT02 based system! :o It comes with a ton of built-in games in just one ROM chip, that smells like OneBus mode to me. The darker one seems to be a regular NoAC and its built-in game board comes with the PAL version of Super Mario Bros, even though it outputs NTSC and the rest of the games are NTSC-JU!

And here's the sweetest find of all, which I consider as my Happy Birthday present, from myself to myself. ;D

Last Thursday I won this lot of old consoles and accessories on MercadoLibre (Latin American eBay subsidiary). Paid about 30 bucks for everything pictured. I just couldn't resist, for my weird clone hardware obsessed self this is a goldmine. I'll be entertained for days just by cleaning and testing these. It all arrived just one day before my birthday which makes me super happy! :bub:

Some pictures from the auction:

Old school Famicom clones! *drools*

A pair of Acclaim Wireless Infrared NES controllers, not bad!

Coleco Telstar Colortron Pong console. All of my current Pong systems are monochrome so this is a nice addition. Haven't tested it out yet, I don't have two 9V batteries handy.

Newten Boy II "Portable" Famicom clone. 60 pin cartridge slot, second controller port, headphone jack, optional battery pack(?) and wireless TV transmission. Nice turbo controller in the shape of the original Famicom ones.

Micro Genius IQ201 clone with a bunch of extra stuff. That light gun looks awfully similar to the original Famicom revolver (more on this later) and that orange infrared controller surely has caught my attention.

Cosmo Tech Game Engine clone from Korea. Nice Super Famicom styling.

I surely feel like a kid in a candy shop with that much stuff to play with! :D
All of the clone systems are working, they mostly had simple problems like cold solder joints, dirty contacts and worn out controllers. The Game Engine and the Newten Boy II have been completely restored, the Micro Genius is next.

That orange wireless Famicom controller is just what I needed! Finally I can play my Famicom comfortably without being limited by its really short controller cords! ;D The contact strip on one of the switches came loose so I glued it back in place, and one of the battery covers is missing the metal tab which connects the batteries electrically. For the time a piece of tinfoil will do, while I figure out a more permanent solution.  :)

The Acclaim controllers are also pending, seems they've got battery acid inside which will need to be cleaned up. :bomb:

Now if you excuse me, I'll go tinker around some more with my new toys :gamer:

Amazing consoles.  If you ever want to let go of any of your clones ...  :question:  ;)

Waltergol

September 28, 2011, 03:47:11 am #2244 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:28:02 am by Waltergol
My latest finds

Regards

Ka-ToA

I've got this cart from week-end market in bad label.

I've scratch label and clen up , prepare to make over.

6 good game in this cart . you can see in label. (by Photoshop CS3)

KT-0001 is my first code for label make over.  ;D

;D

Waltergol

Very nice label and great games you have in that cartridge!!

Ka-ToA

Quote from: Waltergol on September 29, 2011, 03:29:19 am
Very nice label and great games you have in that cartridge!!

thank you.  ;D ;D

modeltfordman

I recently found a hudson turbo joy on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/130579329030?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
I only paid $8.50. It was listed as junk, but It can be fixed easily.I am going to strip it down and clean the contacts etc. I will then use one of my 3rd party nes controllers and splice the cord together to make it longer. I did this with a hori pad when I first started collecting famicom stuff.

Oreanor