Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghegs

I don't have Insector X myself, but looking at images of it, it's box does look to be the same size as Flipull's.

Nightstar699

Quote from: P on August 03, 2015, 11:42:40 am
I see only good games (except I haven't played Flappy)! Me and my brother played the crap out of Chip 'n Dale back in the day. The sequel seems great too, though I only tested it in emulators.

I really like Chip N Dale 2, though I agree with the general consensus on it: The stages are inferior to those of CnD1, but the bosses are greatly superior.

Ghegs, how many titles do you have left to go on your list? Or are you just adding more as you go?
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

fcgamer

That is exactly my feeling on Chip n Dale 2.  It is nice to see bosses that represent the cartoon show, but the stages are not nearly as good.

Quote from: Nightstar699 on August 04, 2015, 06:49:01 am
Quote from: P on August 03, 2015, 11:42:40 am
I see only good games (except I haven't played Flappy)! Me and my brother played the crap out of Chip 'n Dale back in the day. The sequel seems great too, though I only tested it in emulators.

I really like Chip N Dale 2, though I agree with the general consensus on it: The stages are inferior to those of CnD1, but the bosses are greatly superior.

Ghegs, how many titles do you have left to go on your list? Or are you just adding more as you go?
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Ghegs

Quote from: Nightstar699 on August 04, 2015, 06:49:01 amGhegs, how many titles do you have left to go on your list? Or are you just adding more as you go?

The list has about 20 games, but it's a bit of a fluid number. There are some there I'm not sure if I really want to get, and I have been known to buy games outside the list when I happen to spot them at a good price. And I still do occasionally find a game I've never seen mentioned anywhere (alternatively: have seen mentioned but have forgotten and/or dismissed it) that makes for a new entry to the list. So yeah, it's tough to say. But the end is approaching (I purchased seven games just last weekend) and I will have roughly 200 CIB FC titles when it's all said and done.

Quote from: Nightstar699The stages are inferior to those of CnD1, but the bosses are greatly superior.

Quote from: fcgamerIt is nice to see bosses that represent the cartoon show, but the stages are not nearly as good.

Sounds like somebody needs to do a romhack with Chip 1's stages but Chip 2's bosses.

Nightstar699

Crazy how close you are to finishing, that's pretty cool. Especially since, I'm guessing you already have all the good expensive titles out of the way (unless there's one or more I'm forgetting somehow), whereas I unfortunately still have quite a few of them to go.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

P

Quote from: Ghegs on August 04, 2015, 09:24:20 am
Quote from: Nightstar699The stages are inferior to those of CnD1, but the bosses are greatly superior.

Quote from: fcgamerIt is nice to see bosses that represent the cartoon show, but the stages are not nearly as good.

Sounds like somebody needs to do a romhack with Chip 1's stages but Chip 2's bosses.

Yeah I noticed Chip 2 is more polished and has more dialogue and stuff. But about all the bosses in 1 was also taken from the show. They have very simple patterns though.

fcgamer

Here are my latest additions.  I should have a few more things to add by the end of the week, but unfortunately they missed the cut and won't be in the picture. 

The thing that drives me crazy though are pending trades.  I have a few trades that I can hopefully have completed by mid August (we're almost there), but the trades just aren't finalized yet.  You know the sort, we keep piling more and more items on our respective piles, until we both run out of things to add, and then we send our stuff out.  I will have two or three really great packages that (when all is said and done) will get to me probably in September or (shudders) October.  Really can't wait.    ;)

Post Merge: August 11, 2015, 10:12:45 am

Also, thanks a lot Paul for the trade!  I hope you enjoy your loot too mate :)

Nightstar699

Cool gets FCGamer! I think I see the Mario hack of Saiyuuki World 2 which is badass. Any chance of list of those titles? (Particularly the CIB ones)

fcgamer

Quote from: Nightstar699 on August 11, 2015, 10:54:19 am
Cool gets FCGamer! I think I see the Mario hack of Saiyuuki World 2 which is badass. Any chance of list of those titles? (Particularly the CIB ones)

Thanks mate!  From left to right, top to bottom we have:

Bio Hazard (Waixing)
Zelda (Waixing)
Flowers in the Mirror (Waixing)
Gods (C&E / bootleg, maybe Waixing)
J League Winning Goal (licensed)

Actually, one of the games in that pic is not a Famicom game, but is for some obscure machine that no one knows what it goes with ;)

Shumi Nagaremono

Just got back from visiting family in Fukuoka.  Hit up some of my favorite spots and came away with this lot for about ¥1,500.

And the entire haul from the week.  The same Book-Off that wants 1,000 yen for a loose, pulse-line Mah-Jong sold me Rocket Knight Adventures for ¥280 and Last Gladiators 9.7 for 108.  Weird, no?

BonBon

Ahh Dave I'm very jealous of that FDS port of Tobidase Daisakusen
Beautiful score.

pic-mirandole

I agree with what Ghegs wrote "And I still do occasionally find a game I've never seen mentioned anywhere" as it also happened to me many times (not only on famicom but also on other systems).

I don't know for the other members, but using " a bible" (a french example: http://cocole.com/arrivage-la-bible-nes-famicom/) in order to look for the games we haven't known before, see some videos on www.youtube.com or play with emulator is a good baseline for identifying games you haven't noted on your wanted list.

For example, I recently added (and got) Sword Master that I didn't know. For famicom, I remembered there were 8 games left to finishi my collection 2 years ago and now there are ...14 left (knowing that I found the 8 previous wanted). It always deals with games I forgot to add or I didn't know, but it is not games I didn't plan to include before and I would have changed my mind....

Any other views on it?

Pic.

Nightstar699

Sword Master just might be my single most wanted game at the moment, god that's a toughie to find CIB in nice shape... for a price that isn't bonkers.

DDCecil

2 more from waterclocker!

Salamander - no label, but that's fine as I can easily tell it apart from my other FC games. Maybe I'll add one later.

Magnum Kiki Ippatsu: Empire City 1931 - I've been interested in this game ever since Nintendo Power mentioned it and it was supposed to get an NES release, but never did by our pals at Acclaim.

scaryice

Some recent additions below. I'm close to 600 carts overall now.