Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hvc01

zmaster18

Quote from: FamiGamer86 on October 31, 2015, 09:33:43 am
Quote from: Shumi Nagaremono on October 31, 2015, 08:34:24 am
Quote from: FamiGamer86 on October 31, 2015, 08:32:26 am
That place kinda sounds like the Famicom Dojo Store.

Could you elaborate, please?

This might help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw-D3wXWnno
It is a store that Vinnk likes.

I always thought that was Vinnk's store. Isn't his youtube channel called Famicom Dojo? Did he rip off the name?  ???

FamiGamer86

Quote from: zmaster18 on October 31, 2015, 04:42:52 pm
I always thought that was Vinnk's store. Isn't his youtube channel called Famicom Dojo? Did he rip off the name?  ???

Yes.
So I once shipped an item with SAK (Below Economy Airmail) instead of SAL or EMS. I had to retrieve the package from the Amazon rainforest. The system was a bit dirty, but still worked. Never ship anything with SAK, because they ship packages from JOS.

UglyJoe

I'm pretty sure he got Hiro's blessing first.

zmaster18

Oh wait, wasn't the store called Rising Stuff? I remember checking it out back in the day.

Shumi Nagaremono

Quote from: FamiGamer86 on October 31, 2015, 08:32:26 am
That place kinda sounds like the Famicom Dojo Store.

Having checked out the video (thanks, btw), it couldn't be any more different.  This store, called "Friend" in Musashi-Shinjou, has got to be one of the most interesting places I've stumbled across in all my years in Japan. 

You'd never even know it *sold* games, let alone housed THOUSANDS of them, ranging from loose carts to sealed/CiB games dating back to 1983.  It just looks like an old, ignored toy store.  If not for some really weird happenstance, my wife and I would have never even *found* the place, let alone gone in.  And if it hadn't been for the owner's mom being in a chatty mood, we'd never have learned of the backstory, history, or "tip of the iceburg" nature of the place. 

Famicom Dojo sounds absolutely incredible, though. 

Ghegs

My haul for September and October. I only bought a few games in September, so I didn't bother making a post back then. This is also my last "big" haul, only got a few games left to get.

Mad Wizard from RetroUSB, Doki! Doki! Yuuenchi, De-Block, Shi Kin Jyo, Dragon's Lair, Kaiketsu Yanchamaru, King Kong 2, Great Tank, Wai Wai World, Twinbee and Ochin ni Toshi Puzzle Tonjan!?

Shi Kin Jyo was a total surprise which I run into completely by accident. Don't remember seeing it anywhere before. It's a box-pushing-puzzle -type of game, which I happen to adore. Ochin is one of those as well, but I far prefer Shi Kin Jyo. Curiously, both have a Mahjongg theme to them, though Shi Kin Jyo also has a choice between two other completely different audiovisual themes, which is pretty cool.

Mad Wizard is great, one of the best western-developed NES indies I've played. Dragon's Lair is, well, horrible, but I think for me it's one of those "so bad it's good" deals. Doki Doki Yuuenchi is just normal kind of bad. I only bought it because I managed to win an auction for a good price. When I got the game I actually had Kick Master in the console, a far superior title from the same developers.

Nightstar699

So pumped to see Kaiketsu Yanchamaru in there... that and Doki Doki Yuuenchi are truly rare games. As always, really good picks, man. A few there that are on my wanted list, in fact.

I haven't made a haul post in a few months myself, so here is what I've gotten in the mean time.

So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Ghegs

Nice grabs there as well. As always, our collections are eerily similar.

famifan

Quote from: zmaster18 on October 31, 2015, 04:42:52 pm

as long as he is a member of FW too. Feel free to ask him directly  :)

Nightstar699

Quote from: Ghegs on November 06, 2015, 09:45:44 am
Nice grabs there as well. As always, our collections are eerily similar.

This trend should continue to the end of the year, nearly every game left on my wanted list (about 20) I know you already have. Are you planning on taking a shot of the whole collection when you're finished? That'll be cool to compare.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Ghegs

Quote from: Nightstar699 on November 06, 2015, 05:52:30 pmAre you planning on taking a shot of the whole collection when you're finished? That'll be cool to compare.

Hah, no. It'd be a waste of money and space. I'm a player first and collector second, and my collection as it is already has a little bit of fluff, stuff I know I'm not going to play. But I'll have all the games I do want to play, the rest of the Famicom library would be either games I can't play due to language barrier (RPGs, visual novels...) or don't want.

Nightstar699

Ah, my bad, I meant if you were planning to take a photo of your collection altogether when it's complete. Trust me, I very much know about and share your philosophy on game collecting.

Ghegs

Ah, I misunderstood. Yes, I'll take pictures of all the FC stuff when I'm done. Though I think instead of trying to fit it all into one picture, I'll take several to display them better. I've got the games organized roughly by genre in these storage boxes I got from Ikea, so I'll probably do it a box at a time.

fcgamer

One of my friends hooked me up with this Game Boy Micro, Famicom Happy Mario 20th edition. 

I have no idea if it works or not, since I don't have a way to charge the battery, but once I get the proper cable, I suspect at the end of the day this guy will work.  With that said, I was quite shocked when I saw the price loose versions of this machine were going for on ebay.  No idea if I will eventually sell this or not, but for the time being, it stays in my collection.

Also, I wanted to take the below picture. 

;D
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com