Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

Man you must really spend on these games every month ;) 

Very nice update Nighstar!  Congrats!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

Rockman certainly didn't come cheap, but it was well worth the price. Thanks Luke!
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

stealthlurker

Super awesome month's haul Nightstar!!  :star: :star:

Your collection evolution is a joy to see.  ;D

Also congratulations on checking off your last Rockman and completing the set!!  :pow: :star: :) :) :)

Ghegs

My haul for August:

Solar Jetman, Jackal. G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero,  G.I.Joe: The Atlantis Factor, Kaiketsu Yanchamaru 2 & 3, Boulder Dash, Moero TwinBee, Cocoron, F-1 Hero 2 and World Grand-Prix: Pole to Finish.

Phew.

Nightstar699

Wow, you ended up finding GI Joe 1 and 2 after all? Congrats finding those ones. Also happy to see Kaiketsu Yanchamaru games + Cocoron... Moero Twinbee is currently on my list, as is Boulder Dash. Are you not interested in getting Kaiketsu Yanchamaru 1? Or are you saving that one for later? I think it'd be your favorite of the bunch.

Quote from: stealthlurker on August 30, 2015, 06:33:39 pm
Super awesome month's haul Nightstar!!  :star: :star:

Your collection evolution is a joy to see.  ;D

Also congratulations on checking off your last Rockman and completing the set!!  :pow: :star: :) :) :)

Thank you Stealthlurker! Your collection was a massive inspiration to shaping my goals. Hopefully I'll still be able to finish by the end of the year... though my want list has expanded a bit lately because I've grown to appreciate early Famicom games a bit more.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

fcgamer

After what seemed like an eternity, I finally received a nice package in the mail today from Russia.  Within were these beauties:

Some of these are unlicensed Russian educational games, and the others are Russian translations of Japanese / English Famicom games.  This trade was months in the making, and I am glad to see the fruits of my labor.  :)

I actually have a second package from Russia on its way, which includes some more Russian translation carts, several of which are the same as above.  I just think these unofficial translations are so cool though, and love having them in my collection.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Nightstar699

Wow, so Darkwing Duck and the TMNT games really have Russian text there? That's awesome. Also, what's the game with Abel from Street Fighter IV on the front? That label made me laugh.

fcgamer

Quote from: Nightstar699 on August 31, 2015, 10:51:26 am
Wow, so Darkwing Duck and the TMNT games really have Russian text there? That's awesome. Also, what's the game with Abel from Street Fighter IV on the front? That label made me laugh.

Yeah, they have Russian text.  I need to take some pics sometime, some of them have Russian title screens and stuff too.  TMNT for example, all the text is Russian, really cool.

The game with Abel is Super Fighter, it is a hack of Super C iirc.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

Ghegs

Quote from: Nightstar699 on August 31, 2015, 10:13:38 am
Wow, you ended up finding GI Joe 1 and 2 after all? Congrats finding those ones. Also happy to see Kaiketsu Yanchamaru games + Cocoron... Moero Twinbee is currently on my list, as is Boulder Dash. Are you not interested in getting Kaiketsu Yanchamaru 1? Or are you saving that one for later? I think it'd be your favorite of the bunch.

Had to resort to eBay and their global shipping program to get the G.I. Joe games, but at least I got 'em now. I'll probably get the first Yanchamaru at some point.

L___E___T

Ah that damn eBay GSP...  I ordered a book and it arrived really late, repackaged, and when I opened the box there was no book just a stupid plastic toy!

Last ever time I use the GSP to buy or sell, it's not fit for purpose.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

zmaster18

Quote from: L___E___T on August 31, 2015, 03:49:04 pm
Ah that damn eBay GSP...  I ordered a book and it arrived really late, repackaged, and when I opened the box there was no book just a stupid plastic toy!

Last ever time I use the GSP to buy or sell, it's not fit for purpose.

The Global Shipping Program sucks. I had to wait like 7 weeks just to get a box of cables I bought (which were the wrong size). I had to take a train to this print shop to pick it up instead of going to my regular post office. The bozo at the print shop was too lazy to get my package and told me he didn't have it. I wasted 2 hours of time and some transit fare just to not even get my package.

Global Shipping Program always finds a way to scam the buyer and seller. You don't save money or save time using this service. Always ask the seller to use regular postage when shipping an item.

Ghegs

Hm, I had to use GSP for both games, each from a different seller, and other than the service taking some extra $$$ from me, I'm happy with it. Received both items on the same day, just a hair over two weeks after ordering them and I had tracking codes for both so I knew where they were the whole time. They were well-packaged, too.

Some US sellers simply will not ship internationally without GSP, but I've managed to go without it before now.

yukin

I finally got a Famicom AV modded + disk system last month. I did a video (sorry it's in french and the video have poor quality)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGzQCbMvkHI

The disk system belt was replaced by the seller when i bought it.

I received with the systems a loose copy of the Goonies II on famicom and i didn't even know. He left a note saying: Here is the catridge we used to test the console. :)

a day before receiving the systems i got my famicom disk games. Got them all under 10$ each.

Famicom tantai club CIB (disk defect, always getting Error 27) :(
Crackout CIB
Exciting Baseball CIB
Galaxy Odyssey CIB
Dead Zone CIB
F1 Race loose (Wrong game on disk, happen to be Silviana instead. Still happy)

FamicomFreak

Lovely set of pirates FCgamer! I missed them sexy carts! ^_^
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

80sFREAK

Galaxy Odyssey CIB under $10???  :o

fcgamer, LIKO, N64 style and yellow cart are educational, i guess?
I don't buy, sell or trade at moment.
But my question is how hackers at that time were able to hack those games?(c)krzy