Finds (Famicom/FDS)

Started by Alex930, July 30, 2006, 12:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

Recent finds:

Post Merge: November 18, 2016, 11:54:36 pm

Also my Whirlwind Manu collection:  Some of these were recent finds, some are not:

Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

scaryice

Under $20 shipped for this. I don't have a keyboard so I can't actually play it, but still, pretty good. I did notice that when you turn the game on, there's a message about connecting the keyboard. I don't think anything like that pops up when you turn on the first game; it just doesn't work at all, right?

P

Yes only V3 actually prompts you to plug in the keyboard. Family BASIC just silently fails to boot and gives you a black screen to look at. One time I plugged in my keyboard via an extension cord, and my Family BASIC just displayed a black screen so I thought it was something wrong with it. Turned out it was just the extension cord that made the keyboard not work.

Anyway nice find! I'm jealous!

HummerTeam1001

Ordered (what looks like) these famiclone carts:
-Alien 3
-Pokémon 4-in-1 reprint with a silly logo of "Picac Lick" instead of "Picaclick"
-Some multicart with Mario hacks
-Another multicart with that Harry Potter game

Also one game is labeled "Supper Mario" in the menu, lol.

Ghegs

Got a load of 8-bit related goodness in the mail, just a day apart:

I don't think I'll be retiring my NESRGB-modded AV Famicom, though. Might keep them both on shelf, since they'll be hooked to different screens. At the very least I'll keep the AV FC as a backup...even if I still have my old PC10-RGB -modded system as a backup of that...

stealthlurker

Hey we're in sync this week Ghegs!  ;D

Since this is original Gradius, could say it's FC related  ;D

Got 2 of these LPs. One signed by Takahashi Meijin!

fcgamer

Here are the recent finds of mine:

fcgamer

mammal93

Just  got most of my ebay spree in the mail today and yesterday. I got Tantei Jingūji Saburō: Shinjuku Chūō Kōen Satsujin Jiken, Tantei Jingūji Saburō: Kiken na Futari Zenpen Part 1 and 2, Nakayama Miho no Tokimeki High School, and Nazo no Murasame Jō.

fcgamer

^^^ Nice Disk System finds!  I really enjoy collecting the disk system disks, but I hate actually running them on real hardware, due to that machine being finicky.

Here are my finds of the weekend:

Edit:  The Go Pikachu Go Color hack is an extra.  I thought I needed that game, but when I got home, I discovered I already had it in the collection.  I also am running the Ending Man Famiclone as part of my gaming set up at the moment, but I think I might have an extra if someone is interested in buying one of those.  :)

mammal93

Thanks I haven't had the joy of playing the disks yet as my system still is't here haha. I'm a nut though so even if it's a pain I'll probably love it.

That an awesome haul. What is the Go Pikachu Go? and What is that system? A Famiclone?

Yelir

There has been a long absence of Famicom purchases so this small bundle of stuff gave me some good therapy. These were a local scoop and I am open to trade or part with them in the future. :blinky:

I was given a pleasant warning that the Mega Man II cart would "only work in China" because of the blue box on the label. hahaha  :crazy:

fcgamer

April 08, 2017, 05:49:33 am #4453 Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 06:22:14 am by fcgamer
Quote from: mammal93 on March 25, 2017, 11:25:28 am
Thanks I haven't had the joy of playing the disks yet as my system still is't here haha. I'm a nut though so even if it's a pain I'll probably love it.

That an awesome haul. What is the Go Pikachu Go? and What is that system? A Famiclone?

It's a Pokemon hack of Smurfs. 

The system is a Famiclone, yes. 

Post Merge: April 08, 2017, 05:53:02 am

Quote from: Yelir on April 04, 2017, 08:45:55 pm
There has been a long absence of Famicom purchases so this small bundle of stuff gave me some good therapy. These were a local scoop and I am open to trade or part with them in the future. :blinky:

I was given a pleasant warning that the Mega Man II cart would "only work in China" because of the blue box on the label. hahaha  :crazy:

Really nice on the CHN Mega Man 2.  If you ever want to trade it for something I have in my sales thread, please let me know, as I'd be game.

One of my collecting regrets is selling the CIB (and also loose) CHN games I had.  Actually I refuse to have collecting regrets, as most of the stuff I sold was sold to relieve funds so that I could add something else to my main Famicom collection.  But there were some neat things that I had gotten rid of because of that, which I hope to add back someday.

Post Merge: April 08, 2017, 06:22:13 am

And for good measure, some finds for the weekend.  Originally I had wanted to go to another shop to grab a few other goodies (possibly some upgrades for my collection), but I felt sleepy and decided to take a nap instead, also didn't want to blow so much cash right after payday. 

Just to run down through the games that I found for my collection this weekend:

-Dinosaur Land - This is Ocean's Jurassic Park, has full copyrights intact, no glitching of the logo or anything either. 
-42 in 1 - Old multicart, large-style cart
-Wagan - bootleg of the Famicom game
-Golgo 13 (part 1) - bootleg of the Famicom game
-Ninja Cop Saizo - bootleg of the Famicom game
-102 in 1 - NTDEC copyrights, Powerful 102 in 1
-Wizardry - bootleg of the Famicom game, Whirlwind Manu version
-7 in 1 - boxed Sega Mega Drive multicart

(okay, Wagan, Golgo 13, and Ninja Cop Saizo are not present in the above picture, as I forgot to include them originally.  Took a new picture and sent it to my email, it has been too slow in arriving).

The larger and larger the collection becomes, the harder it is to find something you actually are interested in keeping for the collection. 

With these items, it is great to add another Whirlwind Manu cart to the collection, as well as a few more Famicom bootlegs (sometimes the bootleg versions are harder to find than the real deal, and I say that after having probably 300 - 400 bootleg Famicom carts.

The boxed Sega cart, normally I don't seriously collect Sega, but (anything) boxed and bootleg is getting harder and harder to find, so I pulled this one out and decided to keep it as an example specimin.  I hope to determine within the next year or so whether I actually can make my idea of a game museum viable or not, and if so, then things like the Sega 7 in 1 will stay.  If not, then non Famicom / Game Boy stuff will probably get dumped from my collection.  :)

fcgamer

Picked this up last week:

Not sure if I will sell it or keep it, maybe I can get 20 of these to go along with the Kung Fu carts  have