USE Famicombox Cart To NES

Started by NES012, November 08, 2011, 06:43:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NES012

November 08, 2011, 06:43:27 pm Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 06:16:11 am by nintendodork
 :help:me.
my uncle send me a famicombox Black Cart(1943,Super Mario Bros,Duck Hunt)
So I want Know How to hell Use Famicombox Black Cart To  NES.... I saw An Article It said 'Famicombox Games Dosen't Work on NES.... So I didn't Use...Help
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

mod edit: using all of the emoticons does not unlock a secret prize.  please don't do that again.

manuel

You can't play them on a NES.
Possible solution?
Sell the black carts, buy the titles on regular NES carts and use the rest of the money on more games.

L___E___T

November 09, 2011, 03:58:06 am #2 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:07:37 am by L___E___T
yes , you could pick up 1943 for super cheap and famicombox carts sell for a good amount usually.
I'd run it past your uncle first though!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

NintendoKing

Yup that's probably a $30 cart that you could use to buy 6 games. :)

petik1

NES012

:mspacman: :fire: :fire:
damn... my mother said "don't sell that cart!!"
So I Must Fix the NES...To Play Famicombox Game...
Quote from: manuel on November 08, 2011, 11:10:54 pm
You can't play them on a NES.
Possible solution?
Sell the black carts, buy the titles on regular NES carts and use the rest of the money on more games.

petik1

No, you physically can't. There's a different lockout chip in Famicombox games;

MWK

How about a NES with lockout chip disabled? or AV NES Top Loader?

petik1

Different cartridge pinout. I also think that Famicombox games are programmed differently to allow the system to display the game's name.

For God's sake, Mario, Duck Hunt, and 1943 are dirt cheap. Don't try to modify a pretty scarce cart just so you don't have to spend $5.

nintendodork

It's your uncle's game, right?  If he's alright with you selling it, I don't see why your mom would care.  Tell her of it's value, but also how it is of little use to you, and maybe she'll understand.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Xious

I haven't dumped any FC Box  ROMs to check the differences. I expect there is extra code, probably tacked onto the end of PRG.  :bomb:

Parodius Duh

I have been encountering this question on multiple forums. This is the 150% truthful fact:

YOU WILL NEVER, NEVER EVER, BE ABLE TO MAKE A FAMICOM BOX OR FAMICOM STATION CARTRIDGE WORK ON ANY OTHER FAMICOM/NES SYSTEM OTHER THAN THE FAMICOM BOX OR STATION SYSTEMS.

.....and thats the HARD truth!!!!!!

petik1

Quote from: 80sFREAK on November 24, 2011, 05:29:28 am
Quote from: petik1 on November 14, 2011, 03:07:03 am
No, you physically can't. There's a different lockout chip in Famicombox games;
are you sure?

No, I spread lies for fun.

Xious

One can rewire anything, but it's pointless unless you want a dumping configuration for FCBox games.  :bomb: