What Languages Do You Speak?

Started by Jedi Master Baiter, February 14, 2007, 02:42:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

Quote from: FAMICOM_87 on June 14, 2016, 12:09:22 am
English
Bulgarian (native)
Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian (native) Yes they are all the same language, but with different names, depends on who you ask  ;D  :crazy:
Macedonian (it is between Bulgarian and Serbian so I can understand it)
I can understand a little bit of Russian and may be Slovenian
:)

It is surprising to read this.  Well, not the part about Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian.  I have several friends from that region, and had studied a bit of the language long ago, so I am well familiar with the history of it.

But what surprises me is what you write about Bulgarian.  It was my understanding that the "Bulgarian" stance was that Macedonian language was just a dialect of Bulgarian language.  From what I read about the two languages (I also had studied a little Bulgarian a long time ago), it seemed basically the same type of situation as with B/S/C
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

FAMICOM_87

fcgamer, basically you are right about Macedonian it is an Bulgarian dialect (Bulgarian grammatic) , but with many many Serbian words in it, so it is 50/50 :)  by me.
Actually Macedonian are Bulgarians, but in the beginning of 20 century that Territory's become a part of  Yugoslavia so ... the resolutes are a broken bulgarian and broken serbocroatian :D  ;D :crazy:
Sa zdravlje brate :)

Protoman

Swedish (natively)
English (fluent)
Japanese (advanced beginner :P I'm hoping to get close to Intermediate within a year or so)
French (the basics, haven't studied it in like 15 years though)

P

Quote from: Protoman on June 18, 2016, 04:52:26 pm
Japanese (advanced beginner :P I'm hoping to get close to Intermediate within a year or so)

You can do it! Grammar-wise you probably have passed most of the hardest part already, except maybe the causative verb-form and advanced keigo.