Why was the thread I made a purchase in deleted?

Started by MaxXimus, November 14, 2011, 11:40:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxXimus

This actually kind of bugs me as I've already paid for the items in the thread but have  obviously not  got them yet. I don't want to call anyone down but it seems to be poor moderation on someone's part. Can I please get the thread reopened at least until the transaction is complete on both ends?

It was the thread started by lum with regards to the 360 bootlegs for grabs.

Ps: if the thread was deleted because of violation of forum rules, I'd like the rule pointed out to me that was violated. We are mostly all mature adults here. Surely we can work this out. Thanks.

UglyJoe

No specific rule was violated, but the moderation staff agreed that we shouldn't allow pirated X360 games or similar media to be sold.  We will be adding a rule stating as such shortly.  Nobody was warned or temp-banned as no rule was violated.  It was just a thread removal.

You indicated in the thread that you were PM'ing the OP about the games, so I don't see how your transaction will be interrupted.  Lum has a strong reputation around here and I seriously doubt he'll back out of the deal just because the thread is gone.

MaxXimus

Fair enough. I was more or less just surprised that it was gone when I went to check on it last. I guess things are done slightly different since I frequented FW in 07/08. Thanks for the prompt reply UglyJoe. This can be locked if you do desire.

Lum

I'm going to try and take preventative measures so I don't obtain games like that. Probably should have filed a report on the user elsewhere I got them from, but it didn't seem like their fault.
*bzzzt*

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: MaxXimus on November 14, 2011, 11:56:44 am
I guess things are done slightly different since I frequented FW in 07/08.

What's that supposed to mean? ???

These forums are run better now. You should have seen how things were done before you joined. ;)

MaxXimus

I didn't mean that in an insulting way or anything. What I mean is that back when I was a regular,  there didn't seem to be an issue with Asking for bootleg discs. I asked about them a lot. That's all. I have no issue with the forums at all. :S

manuel

Didn't you ask about bootleg N64 games?
Or was it about discs for modern consoles?

MaxXimus

Yeah I've asked about n64 boots as well, but I'm fairly sure I've also inquired about PS2 boots as well. I don't know what it is about bootleg merch that I love so much. Possibly the obscurity of them?

Jedi Master Baiter

Pikkon

Awesome,glad your going to add some more rules in.

linkzpikachu

As much as i can understand that this is retro blog, i feel there should be some market on here for those of us that want the new stuff as well.....
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

petik1

@Linkzpikachu It's not a matter of mods not liking bootlegs, its a matter of not getting the site shut down. I'm sure the mods are indifferent towards their existence, but they obviously don't want to be contacted by organization telling them to gtfo.

manuel

It's as petik1 said. This is only to keep the site from getting into trouble.
Personally I think that if you want new stuff, you should buy legitimate copies and not bootleg junk. But that's just my opinion.

Lum

Yeah it's not like a subtle nudge in the right direction won't hurt. So this site isn't responsible if one does something dumb.
*bzzzt*

linkzpikachu

FUCK YEAH SEAKING!