Famicom world is not active enough

Started by BonBon, November 15, 2011, 11:41:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BonBon

how can I promote this site. Us famicom collecters can't be that few and far.

nintendodork

Does it need to be? I enjoy the subtlety of this forum.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

fredJ

There might be more activity at nintendoage, but I find this forum friendlier.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

UglyJoe

Forum activity fluctuates.  It's kind of in the middle right now.

petik1

I think AtariAge is the biggest classic-gaming forum, and I dread asking questions there. It seems you'll get more- and more positive- responses here. I like it here.

son_ov_hades

Famicom World isn't that active because the Famicom is pretty obscure with few fans outside of Japan. That's just the nature of the beast.

NintendoKing

We may not get tons of activity but we are still constant and nowhere near forum rot.

Parodius Duh

Honestly, If this place turned into something like Nintendo Age, I would NEVER return!

jpx72

Quote from: Parodius Duh on November 23, 2011, 11:39:52 pm
Honestly, If this place turned into something like Nintendo Age, I would NEVER return!

Well said!

manuel

Jedi Master Baiter

What is wrong with Nintendo Age?

I keep hearing bad stuff, but I remember when they were small & new.

Is it anything like DigitalPress?

jpx72

Parodius Duh

Its wayyyyyyy over crowded and chances are you will get a negative response towards ANYTHING, especially if you dont have 100s of posts.

senseiman

Just to add my 2 cents, I also like it the way it is.

Larger forums have their benefits - such as more discussions and a larger pool of individuals with knowledge about games to ask questions about.  They also come with way more trolls and general smart-ass behaviour because I think people feel a bit more anonymous in them.   In a small forum like this it is much easier to form a sense of community because all the regulars get to know each other. 

I do agree though, more discussion is always nice ;D

petik1

It's like comparing a school cafeteria to a mom-and-pop diner.