Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 12:13:33 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Other Gaming (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  The GameCube Adapter for Wii U only plays Super Smash Bros.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: The GameCube Adapter for Wii U only plays Super Smash Bros.  (Read 953 times)
FamicomRetroGamer
Sharp C1

Antique Consoles FTW!

« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2014, 02:27:41 PM »

You can also get Mario Kart 8, as well as Mario 3D World and Zelda HD. Also downloading NES Remix 1 + 2 as well as earthbound may be worth it to you. Although, if you were to choose between the WiiU and 3DS, the 3DS has more games obviously.  Smiley

The only thing listed here that I'm partly interested in is Mario Kart 8. I've been done with Zelda since Wind Waker and as far as Mario 3D World... I still haven't played New Super Mario Bros. Sad I've been planning on getting a DSi for the longest time, but at this point I'm just going to skip straight to the 3DS.

By the way, what's Earthbound? Mother2? For the Wii U? Huh

New Super Mario Bros. DS is really good I'm still playing it since I just recently finished World 8 and thank god, I now have the Save feature always available whereas before I'd be suckered into doing a world until I got to a castle and then save but now I don't have to any more.

Strangely I'm missing two worlds (4 and 6, I think) which I've gotta look into as to how I can unlock them
zmaster18
Disk System
Canada Canada

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2014, 03:39:49 PM »

Ah, New Super Mario Bros. for DS was probably the best NSMB game, since it was the first. To get to those 2 worlds, simply beat the boss as mini-mario to unlock. NSMB Wii was good and had great new power ups, as well as 4 players at once. I'm not a huge fan of NSMB Wii U, because I felt like I was playing the same rehash of mario. I still haven't even played New Super Luigi yet, even though I own it. I also don't own New Super Mario Bros 2 on 3DS yet.

Super Mario 3D World on Wii U plays like Super Mario 3D Land on 3DS. Both games are FANTASTIC and really feel fresh and classic at the same time. I especially like the Wii U one, as it has an awesome jazzy soundtrack, great colorful worlds, plenty of variety, and also has 4 players at once. And who couldn't love the new Cat Mario suit?
FamicomRetroGamer
Sharp C1

Antique Consoles FTW!

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2014, 10:35:55 PM »

Ah, New Super Mario Bros. for DS was probably the best NSMB game, since it was the first. To get to those 2 worlds, simply beat the boss as mini-mario to unlock. NSMB Wii was good and had great new power ups, as well as 4 players at once. I'm not a huge fan of NSMB Wii U, because I felt like I was playing the same rehash of mario. I still haven't even played New Super Luigi yet, even though I own it. I also don't own New Super Mario Bros 2 on 3DS yet.

Super Mario 3D World on Wii U plays like Super Mario 3D Land on 3DS. Both games are FANTASTIC and really feel fresh and classic at the same time. I especially like the Wii U one, as it has an awesome jazzy soundtrack, great colorful worlds, plenty of variety, and also has 4 players at once. And who couldn't love the new Cat Mario suit?

Thanks for the tip.

I've played both NSMB versions, i.e, DS and Wii U and I've gotta say that the DS definitely feels a lot more challenging, plus the graphics on the DS (playing on a DS Lite) look pretty nice to this day too.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: