Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 11:07:48 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Other Gaming (Moderators: Jedi QuestMaster, manuel, FamicomFreak, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Astérix Arcade No Miss
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Astérix Arcade No Miss  (Read 386 times)
Pit
Famicom
France France

« on: February 16, 2013, 08:49:07 AM »

For all french friendly people (and others, even if you don't understand french^^), here's my no miss run on Asterix arcade game, with comments.

It's a french show where people explains how they finish a game with a challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/JsVtbJ2f8ic
Jedi QuestMaster
Jedi Knight
Global Moderator
FamicomBox

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 09:09:11 AM »

I didn't know there was an arcade version of Asterix. Was it ever released in the U.S. ?

Come to think of it, the only game I was familiar with was Asterix & the Great Rescue for Game Gear.

I also didn't realize Asterix was a French series. No wonder I didn't know about this guy before I played the game! Shocked

Pit
Famicom
France France

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »

It was released in japan, europe an USA.

And yes, Asterix is a french serie^^. Konami developped the arcade version, and made a great job.

The master system version is also very good.
P
Sharp C1
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 07:30:12 PM »

I'm surprised you didn't know about Asterix before you played the games! He is very popular here! The best of the movies is probably The Twelve Tasks of Asterix (Les Douze travaux d'Astérix) and it isn't based on a comic. The music and humour is so great!

Jedi QuestMaster
Jedi Knight
Global Moderator
FamicomBox

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 07:24:24 PM »

I was 12 when I played The Great Rescue. This was, like, 1996. Before internet was rampant.

I did get a glimpse of an Asterix cartoon years later, but I don't know which one it was. It had Asterix, Obelix, the dog, & they boarded a (pirate?) ship & easily overtook it. I remember the animation itself being particularly funny, especially one of the pirates with a (barbute?) helmet.

P
Sharp C1
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 08:15:53 AM »

Hm maybe Asterix and Cleopatra? That one is very good too! I'm not sure because I think every movie or comic includes Asterix, Obelix, Idéfix and a scene where they beat up those poor pirates. Grin

Jedi QuestMaster
Jedi Knight
Global Moderator
FamicomBox

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 12:47:18 PM »

Hmm... was the dog in this one?

I remember either Asterix or Obelix chasing a bunch of soldiers back & forth, if that helps.

Sorry, for hijacking this thread, Pit. I just gotta know! Cry

Pit
Famicom
France France

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »

Oh, no worry. It's a pleasure to talk about Asterix Wink.
P
Sharp C1
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 06:46:17 PM »

Hmm... was the dog in this one?

I remember either Asterix or Obelix chasing a bunch of soldiers back & forth, if that helps.
Sorry doesn't help me much. Idéfix is Obelix's dog, and thus a main character. He probably shows up in all movies and comics. Obelix chasing roman soldiers is the most frequently occurring theme. Smiley The pirates are just a gag.

Jedi QuestMaster
Jedi Knight
Global Moderator
FamicomBox

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 11:27:43 PM »

By the process of elimination, I have deduced that it is from Asterix in Britain.

Now to find some clips. Undecided

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: