Forum and website downtime: We apologize!

Started by Alex930, July 29, 2006, 11:48:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

133MHz

Yeah man, no worries. At least manuel is not going to break your legs... or is he? ::)

And thanks a lot for making this possible! :D

manuel

I won't break legs. At least not personally. That's what henchmen and lackeys are for. ;)

FamicomFreak

Hey something happened yesterday as well that posts got deleted! All my insults gone!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

JC

If posts were lost it was probably because you were posting during the time that the site/forum was moved to a different server.

FamicomFreak

Quote from: JC on April 26, 2008, 03:56:34 pm
If posts were lost it was probably because you were posting during the time that the site/forum was moved to a different server.

Ohhh I didn't know this forum was being moved to a different server.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

JC

Yeah. It got moved yesterday, I think. All I know is I couldn't access it for a while this morning.

NintendoKing

I kept getting a message, about the server moving and that it may take 24-48 hours to update.

JC

More downtime...Some files were coded wrong or something. Don't know how that happened.

MaxXimus

I was wondering what happened. The error this time was different, and I was worried the server had crashed or something. :(

wentle85

At least you don't have automatic bill pay that will take the money from your account even if you forgot to put it there. Just happened to me and it cost me $70 in fees. Bastard Banks.

manuel

ericj

That sucks. Unfortunately, that's how banks make most of their money. Try calling and having them remove the overdraft charges. I've always gotten out of them. At the least, they can probably reduce them. Unless you've done it multiple times. You just have to ask in the right way and be nice.  ;D Never hurts to try IMO

wentle85

I'm so mad it's almost funny. I just checked my account online and they got me for another $35, $105 total. I made a deposit and later in the day they took out the fees which put me in the red after purchases I made since my statement EARLIER (once i made the deposit) in the day said i had money. I had money at three, they took out fees at four and they want me to pay for not knowing. I'm waiting on the phone right now, I tried to get this fixed at the bank but they were so rude. The lady i talked to took a call from a friend as soon as i went in her office and sat there talking about a hotel room she rented for so long to her friend while i was just sitting there! As someone who works in customer service I am enraged on a whole other level besides just being mad about the fees. They were just rude as hell to me! They even took a person ahead of me who hadn't been there as long as me. I can't even thing straight they have me so worked up. I've alreadt decided to switch banks but if they don't fix this fee thing i'm screwed. A college student only has so much money and they are putting me in a hole that I can't see the top of.

Finally go through to someone as I was writing and i'm basically screwed out of $105 dollars, at least. I can't believe this.

manuel

That's customer service for you.
But her boss can't be ok with that?  ??? I'd complain all over the place about this lady.

ericj

August 21, 2008, 04:53:40 pm #44 Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:59:10 pm by ericj
What I've found is that it's very hard to actually get fees removed in person at a bank. When you call, your call is typically routed to a call center. These people are much more friendly. A good rule of thumb is to not call when you're angry. Wait until you've calmed down. Start the conversation of pleasantly. Start off with a short, quick, friendly synopsis after they ask you how they can help. After you explain your situation, state what you want out of the call. In this instance, I'd say, "the reason I'm calling is to see how you can help with removing these overdraft charges from my account."

EDIT: Forgot to mention that if you get shot down, keep asking them if there's anything else they can do. Speak to their superior if you have to. Most important thing is to not get off the phone until you get what you want. They'll eventually give in just to get you off the phone.

If they think they're helping you out (which they are), you'll get much further along with actually getting them removed. I always get out of this type of thing. My friends have had me call for similar things for them after they've had no success. I usually always get them what they wanted or better. It's a running joke that I should start a business doing this for people.  It's all in how you ask.  ;)