Flashback Not in Operation - Due to FIRE - Temporary Halt on All Activities

Started by Xious, February 22, 2012, 12:26:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lobdale

Glad to hear you're safe and that hopefully insurance will get you some money back.  Sounds like a really terrible experience.

It's not a nice story, but of course you have to accept the things that life does to you.  Perhaps this is a chance to make a clean break with "owning" items and an opportunity to gain some different perspectives on what you really need to make you happy.

L___E___T

OMG...

The history and archive lost is one thing - but that's part of you gone.  I know you will rebuild your life as you must rememebr this is all 'STUFF'.

Please remind yourself of that again and again each day until you come to terms with it.
The one thing you couldn't afford to lose, you didn't and this is a painful chapter in your life - but you still have that lief to recover from this.

If you don't mind, I would like to say a prayer for you at this time.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Nightstar699

I'm very sorry for all that you've lost in this tragedy, but glad that you're doing alright. I think a vacation would indeed be the best thing to help you recover.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Trenton_net

Next time, don't burn yourself trying to save some plastic. You can always get more Famicom gear. You can't just get another arm.  :)

crade

Wow, sorry to hear that!  I hope you are recovering ok!  I hope you can bring your spirits up as well.
GRRR!

Xious

Recovering slightly, bit by bit. As to the items, I agree, most is replaceable; I may someday even try, but there were other articles there that were unique--that can never be replaced that were part of a historical heritage and are now gone forever, with little documentation...

As an historian at heart, that is the most painful part of this.

I am also still searching the wreckage for some of my artwork and other creations that I can't just replicate.

Anyhow, I am taking a vacation. Today I will be attending a Japanese cultural festival; or maybe tomorrow, as it is already mid-afternoon and I wanted to be there in the morning. The timing of this to coincide with everything else is absolutely bizarre... A Japanese festival just after almost everything I owned from Nippon went up in flames. Something like the Universe's last laugh.

I'll likely focus over the next few months on writing, designs (both electronic and art), lovely women and dark, rich stouts & porters. I appreciate all the kind words, and I will try to remain active on the boards, although it's hard; very hard, when I get flashbacks to well, my Flashback area. Somewhat ironic that as well.

I should have at least n inexpensive camera by next week, with which I shall display the damage. :bomb:

SeanOrange

OH MY GOD.

I was just about to PM you to see if you got your items back that I FINALLY mailed to you (I feel like I should have waited a little longer now!), and how to purchase some items from your store.

I'm so sorry this happened!  I hope you continue to recover physically, financially, and emotionally.
~Sean(Orange)

Yelir

I'm sorry this had to happen to you! :( It's events such as this (unfortunately) that really let you know that life is more important than any material possession(s).

I'd like to contribute via donation one day for you to go recoup some losses (if possible)!

Hope your recovery is a smooth process.

Riley

yobikata

I'm very sorry to hear this, Xious. Hopefully the insurance company gives you enough that you can get away for a while and clear your head.

Algo Fonix

Thankfully you're still here. As valuable as the stuff lost may be, it's still just stuff. You can't be replaced!

Beyond the monetary loss, it sucks that something you poured so much into was destroyed like this. :/ But hey, do take that vacation to Japan and have some beautiful women serve you beer. :)

Duke.Togo

Hope things are going better for you and you are healing well. I'm sorry to hear of your great loss, I know it must be devastating.

ericj

Hope things are going okay for you and you're getting everything sorted out. I couldn't imagine having everything burn up. Maybe you can get in some traveling when you feel up to it.

nusilver

Xi, was your site hacked as well? Ugh. The lack of respect displayed by some people really burns me up.

petik1

Only the front page is down. I can get onto the Contact Us, Catalog, and everything else.

security16

:'( I have no words for how awful this is for you. I'm glad you're ok and hopefully your burns will heal quickly possibly with the help of lovely Japanese women attending to your burns. Hopefully by some bizarre miracle you might find some stuff survived. If you ever feel the need to come to Australia for a holiday i'm sure i could put you up for a week or so as long as you don't mind listening to my husband go on about stuff and can handle a couple of crazy cats and a crazy toddler too!
I'm sure if you wanted to rebuild the collection many here would be happy to help by donating  :-*  ;D