New Homebrew - Armed For Battle

Started by rizz1010, March 01, 2012, 09:41:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rizz1010

Quote from: P on January 14, 2014, 12:18:30 pm
I don't remember but I think I had closer to 30 troops. I attacked an enemy fort and deployed as many troops as I could. Then when the battle started I kept sending the rest of my troops randomly (I didn't know what troops to use against what lol) and they just died one by one while the enemy troops didn't even seem to decrease at all. I had all the 5 kinds of troops.

When I was out of troops to deploy and only a few left out on the field they suddenly stopped moving. The enemy didn't stop moving but they couldn't kill me. I assumed that it hanged so I shut it off after I had waited for quite a while.

I guess I should check out the how-to before I give it another try.

It sounds like you chose a commander, and then chose your 30 troops, and then sent them off to battle the enemy.  I would expect the enemy had around 60 or so troops at the time of your attack.  Keep in mind that you don't see the enemy's total numbers on the battle screen.  The enemies troops will pour into the battle field (the battle field is the middle area) from the right side (the enemy queue).  A maximum of 8 enemy troops are allowed in the battle field.  Once an enemy troop dies, another one will move from the enemy queue into the battle field, and then the empty space in the enemy queue will repopulate with another enemy troop (if they have more).  The queue repopulating happens pretty quick, but as long as you see a quick explosion type graphic, then the enemy troops are indeed dying.  I'll have to check into the last part, where you mentioned your troops stopping while the enemy kept moving - thanks for the info!

P

I see, that explains a lot. The battle had been going on for a good while before it froze, but the grass background dissapeared early on leaving a black background (also often happened on the upgrade screen). I can now confirm that I was using Nestopia v1.37.

rizz1010

February 27, 2014, 08:09:03 pm #47 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:21:40 pm by rizz1010
My blog has been getting updated about every week or two.  Please check it out.

I will have the game with me again at this year's Midwest Gaming Classic (April 12 near Milwaukee).

If you don't want to miss the release of this game, or other significant updates,
please PM me with your email address.

rizz1010

Please check out my blog for the latest updates!

As always, please PM me if you'd like to be on my contact list for important announcements.

Profeta Yoshitake

Wow! It's looking pretty good! I can almost imagine your feelings opening that sample box and manual!
Mine would be like this:  :'(

Are you planning to sell more units after the Nintendo Age auctions?
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

rizz1010

Quote from: Profeta Yoshitake on March 25, 2014, 05:47:35 pm
Wow! It's looking pretty good! I can almost imagine your feelings opening that sample box and manual!
Mine would be like this:  :'(

Are you planning to sell more units after the Nintendo Age auctions?

While opening the package, the 2 big emotions were excitement and fear (that it wouldn't look quite right).  Soon after I took it out, is was all elation, and I couldn't stop looking at the thing.    ;D

I do intend to have a general release at some point after the auctions.

Profeta Yoshitake

It's almost like watching a son being born!
Fantastic!

And very good news! I'm already waiting for the general release!
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

Russam5354

If possible, I'd purchase the first copy of the final release.
あなたはイースターエッグを発見!
I mainly collect Gamecube (GCN) items. I collect other items too, but I'm focusing on my GCN collection currently.

That Guy from Faxanadu

Seriously, that box looks awesome! It perfectly captures the spitit of 80´s gaming! :)

rizz1010

Thanks for the great feedback!

I have a new demo now available on my blog.  In this demo, you'll get a look at the new resource collection, new battle casualty scene, new music on transition screens that didn't have music before, and the new building found in the game.  My blog has been getting updated about every week or so.  As always, please send me your email if you'd like notification when the cartridge is released.  Thanks!

rizz1010

Limited Edition will be released in May!  Check out my blog for details.  Contact me (easiest way is to use my blog's contact form) if you want notification when the release is here!

rizz1010

I have some exciting things to share.

The Official Trailer
(featuring a few parts of the gameplay you likely have not yet seen)

The auction for 29 Limited Edition copies.

Pictures of the Limited Edition items

The auction will end on June 5th (less than a week), so check out the info above soon!

rizz1010

Armed For Battle is now available in either a Loose Cartridge or Cartridge In Box!
Details and purchase information is at infiniteneslives.com

Thanks for looking!

That Guy from Faxanadu

Yup, my boxed game is on it´s way! :)

rizz1010

Quote from: That Guy from Faxanadu on July 07, 2014, 01:16:29 pm
Yup, my boxed game is on it´s way! :)

Very cool!  I will look forward to seeing what you think!