anyone collecting japanese game boy games?

Started by fredJ, March 13, 2012, 05:54:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

Quote from: Nightstar699 on April 02, 2015, 08:50:52 am
I also love Japanese Game Boy stuff - in fact, as I type this I just got done playing Ninja Ryuukenden GB. Here's a shot of my collection, including GBC and GBA.

My favorites = Ninja Ryuukenden GB (of course), both Contras, both Bonks, Sumo Fighter, Super Mario Land 2, Castlevania II, and Wario Land. Oh and Wario Land 4 for GBA too... one of the few games I consider to be nearly perfect.

Wario Land 4 is an absolute masterpiece - I played it from launch when I got one of the first GBAs - had a blast playing that, Megaman Zero, and Astro Boy - I genuinely think the GBA is one of the best platforms to play Nintendo games on out of them all, just a stellar piece of kit and a rewarding one to collect for.

Nice finds Dork - love the Shin Chan games and the series in general :D  and I know what you mean about the JP GB games - generally the Japanese graphic design is leaps and bounds over 95% of what Nintendo of america produced.  That whole 'thing' is why I collect Famicom over NES to be honest.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

fcgamer

I don't collect Japanese GB games, but I do collect Taiwanese ones.  I have a collection of around 120 different original (unlicensed) Taiwanese GB games.  To me, a lot of those games are actually of decent --> excellent quality, and there is just a unique flavor that can't be found in games from other regions.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

nabbeth

April 05, 2015, 01:43:02 pm #107 Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 01:52:38 pm by nabbeth
Quote from: Nightstar699 on April 02, 2015, 08:50:52 amMy favorites = Ninja Ryuukenden GB (of course), both Contras, both Bonks, Sumo Fighter, Super Mario Land 2, Castlevania II, and Wario Land. Oh and Wario Land 4 for GBA too... one of the few games I consider to be nearly perfect.

Finally, a fellow Sumo Fighter enthusiast. :D Music for this game was made by Nobuyuki Shioda, the man behind Recca soundtrack.

Personally I like that unified label design which was used by Nintendo, Konami and some others for japanese GB games. It looks so cool when you put some games together. :star: