Help Identifying This Folder

Started by cola4, June 22, 2017, 09:55:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cola4

Hi Guys,

New around here and to the Famicom System as a whole. To get to my Point i found this little yellow booklet/folder ( http://imgur.com/a/EcOsz ) whilst i was living in japan stuck in the AC vent of an old Chalet/Lodge used for the Nagano 98 Winter Olympics so i deiced 2 rescue the poor little thing, other then seeing it seems 2 be a manual for the Famicombox as indicated on the first page in some of the small photos that are on that page i really dont know much about it so i have decided 2 reach out to you guys in the hopes you may be able 2 tell me a little more about it. I have also realised it seems 2 be missing 2 pages as far as i can see the pages labelled DD1 and DD2 where no where 2 be found but DD3 and DD4 are still in there. Thanks in advance :D

NintendoKing

http://famicomworld.com/system/other/famicombox/

It's a instruction manual and game listing pamphlet to explain how to play certain games and use the system properly. They apparently came with the system, so some kid probably jammed it in the vent at that lodge (where it sat undisturbed for decades... clearly they don't care to clean that vent).

cola4

Hi thank you for shedding some light on what it is and this find has sparked my interested in the console it self, oh I can also tell you the dust in that vent was ridiculous xD

NintendoKing

Definitely, I was assuming 20 years+ of dust, and that's a pretty wicked find. Probably worth around $40.

P

A Famicombox manual, a very neat find!

Too bad some of the pages are missing though, DD1 and DD2 seems to be the first two pages in the Devil World part of the manual. But on the other hand the game manuals seems to be very similar (if not identical) to the normal versions of them so it's probably nothing rare that is missing.

The games are in order:
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros
Mahjong
Gomoku Narabe
Base Ball
Tennis
Golf
Devil World
Ice Climber
Wrecking Crew
Hogan's Alley
Duck Hunt
Wild Gunman

In other words, only good old Nintendo classics.
Thanks for the photos!