Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 09:41:25 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Other Gaming (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  The PSP Problem
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The PSP Problem  (Read 993 times)
zoast
Famiclone

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 12:40:18 AM »

The only problem I have with my psp is the dpad..that it's really crappy for anything requiring diagonals like fighters and shmups.  Like a ps1 pad but maybe worse.  I had to use a cheap chinese 3rd party pad for some time to play richter well in SoTN because the ps1's is so frustrating to play on.   Funny how most every pad before ps1 blows it away.  Sony has been lucky!  I want to try and mod the psp (phat) dpad though, it's quite nice otherwise.

Honestly I just got it to play emulators and music on the go.  Only two games I play now are cv X chronicles and gradius collection.   Roll Eyes What UMDs would you say are must plays?

you can replace the dpad pretty easily...

I saw a video where a guy fabbed a snes d pad into a psp!  I wonder what exactly you mean by this though.  I've also seen something you order to put on top of the cross and different ways of glueing plastic below the official dpad  I'm definitely interested in the best way to go about this but nobody really compares methods that I've found so far.  : (

Bah weep gragnah weep nini bong!
fromjapanwithpixels
Famicom

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 12:48:59 AM »

The PSP might have bombed in the west, but I honestly think it is superior to Nintendo's handheld offerings.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the DS has a great library, but it lacks the media playback and homebrew emulation that makes the PSP such a great "every day" portable device.
L___E___T
YAMAHA
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Hong Kong Hong Kong

NIB hardware collector

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 08:55:54 AM »

That's the thing though - the PSP absolutely did not bomb in the West, it just didn't succeed as well as it could.

UMD movies bombed hard, but the PSP itself certainly didn't bomb.

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。
FamicomRetroGamer
Sharp C1

Antique Consoles FTW!

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 05:37:25 PM »

Bought a PSP Slim with Date Code 8A for $65 (50) which means I'll be able to do whatever I want on it.

I'm waiting for the 4 GB MS card which my dad's going to bring since I've sent it to the UK address 'cos it was cheaper (Free) than to where I am now.

Already got everything organized, just need to downgrade the PSP to 5.00 M33-6 and all's perfect (Well, except the screen has a couple of dead pixels I'll see if they're fixable).
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: