Wii U Miyamoto's last system?

Started by petik1, April 21, 2012, 08:02:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

petik1

I think it's pretty clear that Miyamoto is inching closer to retirement. He's already said he's trying to work on smaller projects, and prepare his teams for development without him. With consoles' lives lasting 5-7 years, could the Wii U be the last Nintendo system we see with Miyamoto at the helm of the ship?

Drakon

He's already left more than enough of a legacy I think he deserves some time to relax.

satoshi_matrix

The man is almost 60. With much respect to him, I do not expect him to be directly involved with the successor of the Wii U. It's possible he'l;ll have influence, but I see him leaving that up to someone else.

MasterDisk

April 25, 2012, 10:13:00 pm #3 Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:51:34 pm by MasterDisk
Nintendo usually starts developping the next system right after the release of the current one. So he may still have some influence

Parodius Duh

He will have his "influence" on Nintendo until the day hes dead, they will never let him fully retire and I highly doubt he will be able to stay away from it all himself. Dude created Nintendo, granted they already existed but he pretty much made them the power house that they are now.

L___E___T

I agree, he'll stop working on things when he decides to become a full time grandfather and even then he'll be called in as consultant.
Pretty much the case with Yamauchi.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Phosphora

April 26, 2012, 03:30:15 am #6 Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:42:57 am by Phosphora
The man is a full-blown senior citizen. Let him rest.
His biggest triumphs are behind him as a game creator, but he has plenty of years left to dedicate to his family.
He shaped The Nintendo Gaming company well, but he needs his time for himself now. Nintendo has proved with the latest Zelda iteration that his hand doesn't need to be shaping all the clay, for that the hands that shape it now do it in his name.
I'm certain that we all can respect and cheer for his well deserved retirement. When his great grandchildren are around, they'll be playing games influenced by him because a good idea never dies.

The man did good.

L___E___T

He won't stop until he's incapable, same with Miyazaki.  In Japan you don't just retire when you hit 70 unless you really want to or need to.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Drakon

I would retire if I were miyamoto.

L___E___T

I'm sure there are plenty of incentives offered for it to be worth his while to continue.  It's also in his character to carry on as long as he can.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Drakon

Quote from: L___E___T on April 26, 2012, 11:05:43 am
I'm sure there are plenty of incentives offered for it to be worth his while to continue.  It's also in his character to carry on as long as he can.

Really though how could be possibly top what he's accomplished in life?  I think he's left his legacy and some of the games and innovations he helped create I just can't imagine being possible to beat.

NintendoKing

He may mysteriously go the way of Gunpei Yokoi.

Drakon

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on April 28, 2012, 08:17:46 am
He may mysteriously go the way of Gunpei Yokoi.

Oh yeah getting hit by a car is so mysterious.  Shrouded in such secrecy.

petik1

Hey, rumor has it the Yakuza was involved.

Drakon

Quote from: petik1 on April 29, 2012, 07:20:30 pm
Hey, rumor has it the Yakuza was involved.

was late on his "protection fee" payment?  I love the d-pad....and the original gameboy although the resolution is terrible but that's not his fault.