Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 11:45:10 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Technical & Repair Assistance (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Famicom Part Removal
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Famicom Part Removal  (Read 892 times)
kiwidaveinjapan
Famicom

« on: April 27, 2012, 04:24:36 AM »

Looking at doing an AV mod on my famicom, but thinking of removing a couple of components from the RF modulator, so I can mount RCA sockets at the back of the unit as opposed to the sides....question is, would removing a couple of switches / old RF socket from my board make the famicom stop functioning?
 Huh
jpx72
Sharp C1
Slovakia Slovakia

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 05:08:47 AM »

Well if you know what you are doing then no Smiley
Actually for AV mod you need only the power part (7805 voltage regulator) from this part of your famicom, so everything else can be removed. It will not have any effect on the rest of the Famicom.

kiwidaveinjapan
Famicom

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:04:43 AM »

EXCELLENT!  Grin Thanks a lot! Bub I was just more than a little nervous about ruining the unit indefinitely.  Embarrassed
famifan
Twin Famicom
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 09:29:32 AM »

i desoldered all components from RF-unit and placed most fitable passive cooler for 7805 info famicom plastic shell, and made AV-mod
80sFREAK
Sharp C1
Japan Japan

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 10:21:41 AM »

Depends on revision of RF unit, some PCB's you can remove RF RCA jack and couple capacitors around to fit 3.5mm stereo jack for AV cable.

And no, you can not leave 7805 alone. This little baby needs two ceramic capacitors as close as possible and two el capacitors Grin

I do not have paypal, facebook, twitter accounts. Don't ask me why.
jpx72
Sharp C1
Slovakia Slovakia

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 10:38:27 AM »

And no, you can not leave 7805 alone. This little baby needs two ceramic capacitors as close as possible and two el capacitors Grin
That's questionable... It will work without it, those are only because of the interference.

80sFREAK
Sharp C1
Japan Japan

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 01:08:59 PM »

That's questionable... It will work without it, those are only because of the interference.
Oh, boy Embarrassed

I do not have paypal, facebook, twitter accounts. Don't ask me why.
2A03
Twin Famicom

Gone from FW

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 02:38:30 PM »

It needs the caps for power filtering, I would definitely at least stick a 1000 uF or 2200 uF cap on the 5V line of the 7805 if you're planning to remove the RF modulator. The 7805 also needs an adequate heat sink; I definitely wouldn't stick a small one on it as the 7805 will go into thermal overload after a few minutes and shut down the system.
Da Bear
Famicom

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 09:25:33 PM »

You can remove a lot from the RF board but why remove more then you need to? Remove everything on the videotrace and replace components with ditos for the AV-mod and use the RF connector as video and remove one switch and install an audio connector there instead. Easy peasy! Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: