Sonic 4 Episode 2 is out.. Sonic 4 needs to die already.

Started by FamicomRetroGamer, May 17, 2012, 11:59:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomRetroGamer

May 19, 2012, 06:08:43 am #15 Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:24:01 am by FamicomRetroGamer
YouTube: You're watching a video.
Game: You're experiencing how the game really plays like.

^ This is the difference between YouTube and the game.

Anyway, stay away the hell away from Sonic 4. Sonic Generations is the best Sonic game Sega has produced in these years, finally an awesome game, but then they revived a nightmare called "Sonic 4". :-\

Edit: If you don't have a console that plays Sonic 4 or anything, Steam is on PC/MAC so you should be able to play its trial, if such thing exists for the PC/MAC version.

I'll be uploading the trial of Xbox 360 version to post on Digiex.

L___E___T

Yeah Drakon sorry but I'm with FRG on this one, you need to play it to feel how clunky and awkward it is.  On top of that it doesn't have that special element.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Drakon

I just thought it's kind of weird that you need to play it to feel how fast it is....I've never had a game where I'd have to be pressing a button to "feel the speed" instead of just watching a video of the speed.  Youtube 30 fps limit makes it appear to move faster somehow?

petik1

Just to moderate a little bit, it does feel slow. But not slow enough to make it bad in any real sense.

L___E___T

It's things like button response mainly.  You can't control sonic as well as you used to in the older games.  The acceleration and deceleration feels way off too.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Drakon

Oh okay I thought he meant that sonic didn't move as fast as the older ones.  The last thing I would expect in a modern system is control delay I mean modern hardware is so darn powerful you would expect controller response never to be an issue.

L___E___T

Yeah it's odd, it's not lag, but it's basically a case of Sonic doesn't go where you want him to go, nor as fast, he doesn't control right. 
I think DIMPS is a great development team, so I'm at a loss.  It's probably the most important part to get right anbd the first to put people off if done badly.

If you can get your hands on the game or even a demo you'll see what we mean.  In the 16-bit games you could control his slow and fast paced speed really well given time, with each careful tap of the d-pad and that's just not the case with this one.  The homing jump exacerbates this problem I'd say.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: L___E___T on May 22, 2012, 06:25:54 am
Yeah it's odd, it's not lag, but it's basically a case of Sonic doesn't go where you want him to go, nor as fast, he doesn't control right. 
I think DIMPS is a great development team, so I'm at a loss.  It's probably the most important part to get right anbd the first to put people off if done badly.

If you can get your hands on the game or even a demo you'll see what we mean.  In the 16-bit games you could control his slow and fast paced speed really well given time, with each careful tap of the d-pad and that's just not the case with this one.  The homing jump exacerbates this problem I'd say.

If Sonic 4 was anything like Sonic Generations, I'd so buy Episode I and Episode II, but unfortunately, the truth's ugly.

Here's a demo of Sonic 4 Episode II for Xbox 360: http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/arcade-games/10755-sonic-4-episode-ii-arcade-trial-download.html (should've posted this early as I ended the upload sometime ago before yesterday or so)

FamicomFreak

I'm probably gonna buy it anyways or my gf will buy it for me (She is a huge Sonic fan) so I know I'll play it eventually. I guess I'll give my 2 cents then...
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com