Famicom world is not active enough

Started by BonBon, November 15, 2011, 11:41:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

As it's been said before, forum activity fluctuates.  All forums experience this to degrees proportionate to the popularity of said forum.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Nightstar699

Quote from: Floopy on September 06, 2012, 05:53:25 am
To be honest , I`m wondering if I`m not a boot also. Lool. I did get the registration answer "Are You a Boot" I also noticed that the forum is not that animated anymore.

I thought I was the only boot around this neck of the woods.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

GohanX

I don't mind the level of activity, seeing as how this is one of the few Nintendo specific communities that isn't populated by either retards or OMG SEALED collectors.

<3

Nightstar699

Quote from: GohanX on September 08, 2012, 11:19:15 am
one of the few Nintendo specific communities that isn't populated by either retards or OMG SEALED collectors.

Candidate for FW's new slogan? Anybody?
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

JohnnyBlaze

We could get Famicom Dojo to spread a word around about us like they did for Rising Stuff. GOD, I miss that place  :'(
Famicom Disk System: The More You Play It, the More You'll Want to Play

UglyJoe

Well, Vinnk ran Rising Stuff, so it only makes sense that Famicom Dojo would have promoted it.

Frank_fjs

Quote from: GohanX on September 08, 2012, 11:19:15 am
I don't mind the level of activity, seeing as how this is one of the few Nintendo specific communities that isn't populated by either retards or OMG SEALED collectors.

<3

These forums need a 'like' button. :)

crade

If you didn't count all the activity that is just bashing other forums it would be a ghosttown!
GRRR!

Epic_Lotus

That's a little bit funny   :-[

I actually like the more casual pace here.  There are so many people on some of the other forums that one tends to feel a bit lost in the crowd.  Besides, for a lot of people, this is an import-only hobby.  There's way less nostalgia than for the toaster, so it's guaranteed to be more niche.  I think that creates a bit more tight-knit of a community, at least from what I've seen here over the last couple of years of poking about.

L___E___T

I really like it here, it's much more down to earth.  
I don't think it's that the site is unpopular, more that the famicom isn't as popular as the NES and here's famicom-specific more or less.  Definitely famicom-centric.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

crade

There is a lot less repetition as well, in some forums that are more busy, it's just the same thing being said over and over anyway..
GRRR!