Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 12:20:59 PM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Misc.
| |-+  Off-Topic Chat (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Strange snack ideas that are actually pretty good.
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Strange snack ideas that are actually pretty good.  (Read 1440 times)
80sFREAK
Sharp C1

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »

I can confirm, that japanese food is NOT spicey and in most cases more art, than food actually. To try  "real stuff" you should get "farmers dinner" or join some party somewhere in deep country side.

Bulgogi or whatever the name for it is quite good, but you are right - depends on place.

Can't tell much about thai and vienamese food, maybe just out of my tastes

I do not have paypal, facebook, twitter accounts. Don't ask me why.
Drakon
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

Retro console modder

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 04:03:17 PM »

Toronto (where I live) is basically the land of foreign food so I can find pretty much any sort of cuisine here.  I love thai food but it's hard to find cheap thai food here.  Downtown there's this thai place that tastes pretty darn authentic it's always got a lineup going down the street around dinner time.  My ex gf's mom is from thailand and sometimes she'd bring over homemade thai food her mom made....oh man it was soooo good.  Vietnamese people seem to enjoy eating a lot of their food cold....which isn't really my thing.  But I think vietnamese people make the best soup so I'm always down for a good mild beaf pho or bun bo hue.  On weekends me and my gf travel great distance to go to the largest asian supermarket in the city area (it's on the outskirts) just because we can buy the best and cheapest chinese food there.  I think it costs something like 5$ each for enough amazing food to feed both of us for two meals.  That supermarket is where we find all these bizarre asian snacks that she likes but I can't stand.

security16
Twin Famicom
Australia Australia

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 06:16:09 AM »

Peanut butter and promite sounds gross but tastes good Cheesy Milk arrowroot biscuits with nuttella is a good one too my son loves those. I never had anything too bizarre like pickles and ice cream when i was pregnant mainly because for the first 3 months all i could keep down were slurpees from 7 11 Sad 
Drakon
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

Retro console modder

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 12:47:56 PM »

Peanut butter and promite sounds gross but tastes good Cheesy Milk arrowroot biscuits with nuttella is a good one too my son loves those. I never had anything too bizarre like pickles and ice cream when i was pregnant mainly because for the first 3 months all i could keep down were slurpees from 7 11 Sad 

What're the slurpees made out of?  lots-o-sugar?

GamePepper
Famiclone

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 01:56:43 PM »

Fish sticks and custard, straight out of Doctor Who.
It's actually pretty delicious.
security16
Twin Famicom
Australia Australia

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 07:58:08 AM »

What're the slurpees made out of?  lots-o-sugar?

Frozen wet coloured and carbonated sugar! We were also having one of our epic heatwaves which meant it was about 45c + for a week thankfully the shoebox i was living in at the time had aircon!

I made a batch of home made dark chocolate ice cream the day before yesterday and it's delightful!
Drakon
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

Retro console modder

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 11:52:51 AM »

speaking of air conditioning (because I don't say aircon like a japanese) it's getting kinda hot here, me and my gf live in a basement, yet the land people who live upstairs where it's hotter don't turn on the AC....filipinos are hardcore....

I'm trying to figure out what would make a slurpee the only thing you can hold down..

security16
Twin Famicom
Australia Australia

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 09:01:43 AM »

I'm trying to figure out what would make a slurpee the only thing you can hold down..

BELLYNINJA THATS WHAT  Grin
I had epic morning sickness but not nearly as bad as a friend of mine who was preggers about the same time as me she ended up being really sick and her baby had issues with her kidneys too.

Vannilla bean ice cream on scones is awesome sauce! 
Drakon
Twin Famicom
Canada Canada

Retro console modder

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 11:30:17 AM »

where's the butterscotch ripple love?

security16
Twin Famicom
Australia Australia

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 01:01:29 PM »

I've not found a recipe for butterscotch ripple!!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: