AV Famicom(2nd famicom) loader doors stiff?

Started by DowntimeinJapan, July 03, 2012, 10:25:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DowntimeinJapan

Does anyone have this problem? Is it supposed to be like this? I am sure its good for protection but just seems like a pain when pushing the cart in. I have more problems with getting the cart in perfectly and it working than I do with my original famicom. I:m thinking I could find a chart and grease up the springs perhaps? Or maybe I should clean the pins better? Sorta weary about opening it up though as these things are way more expensive than the first gen famis.

lobdale

I can't say I ever thought they were hard to push a cart down through.

DowntimeinJapan

Quote from: lobdale on July 03, 2012, 11:58:58 pm
I can't say I ever thought they were hard to push a cart down through.

Hmm I'm wondering it's just mine or it's the way it's supposed to be haha

untinip

The doors to my AV Famicom feels no different than the doors to my normal Famicom. Have you checked your springs?

NintendoKing

I agree with the others my AV Famicom has no such problem.

DowntimeinJapan

Quote from: untinip on July 04, 2012, 04:27:41 am
The doors to my AV Famicom feels no different than the doors to my normal Famicom. Have you checked your springs?

? Door to original famicom is just a flap u put down o.O
I guess it's normal then. I should probably clean the connectors though with something. (I've been using it for almost out 6 months but finally bugs me a tad lol)

untinip

Sorry, I meant my Twin Famicom. Same for my Super Famicom.

manuel

Those flaps shouldn't be hard to push down. They should all open smoothly with a minimum amount of force.

GohanX

I'm wondering if one of the springs is installed backwards or otherwise incorrectly. I've had issues with Super Famis when reassembling them if the spring isn't on there quite right it causes too much resistance.

NintendoKing

Actually that does sound like a potential problem that might be plaguing DowntimeinJapan's AV Famicom.
Good call, GohanX!