Ok, internal pics of my AV modded Famicom

Started by garyptaszek, July 14, 2012, 05:28:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

garyptaszek

They're not the best quality but here's a shot of the AV mod made to my Famicom. It displays jail bars, at first this didnt really bother me but after playing it back to back with my NES which displays perfectly it's starting to bother me a tad.
Anyone know what causes jailbars and how to resolve it, your help would be greatly appreciated!
"GameCentre CX Chief ON!"

garyptaszek

Quote from: 80sFREAK on July 14, 2012, 06:04:34 am
Holy shit! How much did you paid for it?!

Basically everything, you need, in AV mod intructions thread. Start reading from end, feel free to ask questions

It was a gift...  :(
is there something seriously wrong with it? I don't want to mess with it too much as it works fine just has jailbars.
I wanted to get all the info I could in this thread as the AV mod thread is very crowded with posts.

garyptaszek

Quote from: 80sFREAK on July 14, 2012, 06:29:32 am
If gift is ok. You don't have to read whole thread, start from end, also if you are not good with soldering iron, just leave it.

I've been wiring up guitars for about 10 years but I've never soldered anything as small as a console and I'm not really clued up on schematics and what parts I'll need yada yada.
How much you think it'd cost to get someone to do it for me?

famifan

Quote from: garyptaszek on July 14, 2012, 08:03:17 am
Quote from: 80sFREAK on July 14, 2012, 06:29:32 am
If gift is ok. You don't have to read whole thread, start from end, also if you are not good with soldering iron, just leave it.

I've been wiring up guitars for about 10 years but I've never soldered anything as small as a console and I'm not really clued up on schematics and what parts I'll need yada yada.
How much you think it'd cost to get someone to do it for me?

that is not rocket science. Soldering few wires never could be so hard.